Thursday, November 13, 2008

Winter Post!


The one set that I *had* t0 have from the Holiday Mini was "Winter Post". It took me forever to finally buy it, but now it is here and I am loving it. This is my first creation using it. I also used the Holiday Treasures DSP which I love. They used it quite a bit at convention and I was so excited to get it. I colored the image with my inkpads and a blender pen. Normally I would just watercolor it, but since the image was so small, I didn't want to take all of that effort and then have the paper warp. I guess maybe it is just laziness on my part. LOL! I have bin M.I.A. in the stamping world as of late. Even though my stamp area is *right* there, sometimes it feels like a million miles away. It has been one of those weeks. Monday was definitely a *Monday*. I started 4 cards and didn't finish one. I guess that set the whole tone of the week, but I decided to salvage this little image that I started on Monday. I like the way the card turned out and it has the *feel* I was after. Thanks for hanging in there with me when I have a bad week! Thanks for fluttering by!

8 comments:

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is gorgeous!!

Tanya said...

I think its fabulous!

Amy Rohl said...

I've been in a bit of a slump myself this week, Kelly...too much life getting in the way I guess.

Guess what...you got it all goin' on here though--a vintage feast for the eyes! I love this dsp bc you can go fresh and fun with it, or in your case perfectly vintage!

Have a great weekend!
Amy

Anonymous said...

I love this card!

Deborah Saaranen said...

Very pretty! Love your layers, papers-- total design!

It has not been the best week in my book as well! Maybe it's the change in season!!!

Jaspere said...

Fantastic projects. I didn't care much for that set until now. Thanks for changing my mind.

Anonymous said...

Ooh la la! I couldn't wait for you to get this set!! In love with everything about it!! Thanks for your gorgeous work!

Cynthia

Unknown said...

Well, this card was definitely worth the wait. This set is my new fave holiday set and our demo group just sold quite a few of these at our Winter Stamp Camp today. And you just gave everyone else another reason to buy. Thanks for sharing your great ideas!