Friday, November 14, 2008

From our House...to Yours!

****ETA**** Did you notice the change? I put up a new banner for my blog to ring in the Holiday Season! I had a lot of fun making it and I hope it brings inspiration and *JOY* to your life!


Yes...another "Winter Post" card. This is just a little sneak peek into the project that I have been working on this evening. I can't photograph it until tomorrow, so you will have to wait. I used my delicious "Holiday Treasures" DSP again also. I am really loving it if you can't tell. LOL! I decided to color my skating couple image with copics this time and have to say that I don't like it as well as the blender pens. I am so limited in colors that I can't shade the way I would like. I took a trip to Hobby Lobby today to pick up something I needed for some design work that I really should be finishing and picked up a few other items. I don't know about you, but a few new goodies here and there really help me get in the mood to create. I picked up some fun stuff including "Vintage Photo" distress ink by Ranger. I did all of my sponging with that. It gave it just the right bit of aging that I was looking for. I also added a few buttons from my stash and some Martha Stewart glitter that I got from Michaels a year or so ago. It is a coarse glitter that I really like. Of course it needed some ribbon so I used some Kiwi Kiss striped grosgrain from SU! for the finishing touch. I will be showing you the project I have been working on tomorrow and then I promise...no more Winter Post (for a few days at least)!!! Thanks for fluttering by!

4 comments:

Nancy Riley said...

Kelly, this card is truly spectacular! You've got so many wonderful details - and they all work so perfectly together! That chunky glitter around the card's edges is amazing! Love the stitching and buttons too!

Tanya said...

Love your card, love your new banner!

Jody Morrow said...

Gorgeous card and gorgeous banner! Super pretty!

Lydia Fiedler said...

LLLOOOVVVVVEEEE both!