Sunday, November 2, 2008

Drawn From Nature



I was thrilled to play along in today's Featured Stamper challenge over at SCS. I decided to make a hanging cone using some of the great TJ Designs stamps that can be found at http://www.tweetyjill.com/ . I used "Songbirds" and "Design Elements" to create the stamped images for my cone. I also used the collage and scrapbook papers from TJ Designs as well.

I really loved the fern image paper because it worked so well with the "drawn from nature" stamp that I used. I wanted to take a picture of it hanging in my house, but it is overcast and raining, so I didn't have a lot of good light to use...so...imagine the key hanging down from the bottom rather than laying flat! LOL! I used my Martha Stewart butterfly punch to punch out the butterflies. I used more of the collage and scrapbook papers and added a Kaiser self adhesive pearl to the middle. I added a few buttons, lace and ribbon for embellishments. I had a lot of fun making this. Thanks for fluttering by!

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow, this is stunning! I love the touches of black you used.

Anonymous said...

Great job with this challenge. I love this project it is so perfect for the holidays for either a decoraton or a way to present goodies. TFS.

Debbie/Phx AZ

Tanya said...

This is really pretty! I love how you punched the butterfly over words. Cute touch!

Tanya said...

This is really pretty! I love how you punched the butterfly over words. Cute touch!

Linda McClain said...

Okay, I'm a little slow. I just figured out that you started a blog. I am so excited - I love your SCS gallery. Now I can really keep tabs on you :) I love your work. This is stunning!

Amy Rohl said...

Kelly, this is absolutely outta this world beautiful!!! I have to check out the tweetyjill stamps--ugh, you are amazing!

Amy

Deborah Saaranen said...

Wow-- LOVE this collage cone! I bought some cones to decorate and they have sat untouched-- you make me want to pull them out and get at them!

Anonymous said...

You always do such beautiful work, Kelly, and Becca is a wonderful source of inspiration. This is a gorgeous piece. I've enjoyed scrolling back through your previous posts, as well. Everything is just awesome.