Monday, November 24, 2008

Merry and Bright Gift Card Holder


Hello! I hope you all had a great weekend! I sure did! I went and saw "Twilight" twice! I really liked it and I thought they did a good job following the book. My headache finally went away, too, which I had all last week. I was getting worried. I think I just needed rest!

I was able to play along in today's TLC over at SCS. I needed to make it quick, because I have a To-Do list a mile long today. You will probably notice alot of the same elements on this that are on my new blog banner. I used Basic Grey's "Wassail" line that I got from Ellen Hutson's online store last week. I just want to say that she is super fast! My order shipped within the hour and I had it two days later! You can check out her store here: http://www.ellenhutson.com/servlet/StoreFront I am impressed!!!!! Thanks, Ellen! Plus, she included a fun thank you as well! Great service!
I stamped the house image twice, once for the back layer and punched the second one with my large oval punch. I sponged both edges and popped the oval one with foam squares. I used liquid glue for the outside edge of the card and sprinkled Marth Stewart coarse glitter all over the edges. It is finished off with some of the great "Alpine" ribbon from SU!
Thanks for fluttering by!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

In addition to your banner and loving your daily saying, I LOVE this card. It is so pretty. Quite wonderful and you can just go ahead and send it to me right now!

Deborah Saaranen said...

Love the vintage, distressed feel here with the beautiful scene!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely vintage style card! Love your new banner as well!!

Amy Rohl said...

Absolutely charming, Kelly!