Thursday, November 27, 2008

Just Because I Care


Happy Thanksgiving! I hope everyone has a beautiful day filled with family, friends, love and laughter. Today's card features a retired SU! set called "Gentler Times". I have used it quite a bit since I started my blog, so I hope I am not boring you by using it again. I also have a tendency to pair it with purple, too. I bought quite a bit of ribbon the other day at the craft store because it was all half off and this purple satin was among them. Now...I have quite a few spools of purple satin ribbon, but this one was just the perfect shade. It matches perfectly with Lavendar Lace which is an often neglected color at my house. I was thrilled to be able to use it. I used my textile cuttlebug embossing folder for the main panel which has been neglected, too. I colored the images with blender pens and ink refills. I added diamond stickles to the main panel and finished the corners off with the ticket punch and SU!'s Ice brads in the corners. I love the hostess set "Best yet" from SU! and it worked perfectly for my card and fit nicely into the oval punch. Of course all of the edges are sponged. I had fun making this and I hope you enjoy it! Thanks for fluttering by!
P.S. The week really got away from me, so I will be posting Blog Candy next week~
Supplies:
Gentler Times stamp set, Best Yet stamp set
Paper: PTI Vanilla, Lavender Lace, Almost Amethyst, Mellow Moss, antique linen by Ranger
Ink: Paletter Noir, Lavender Lace, Almost Amethyst, Mellow Moss, So Saffon
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Textile embossing folder, Diamond Stickles, corner rounder, ticket punch, oval punch, sponge, Ice Brads, Satin Ribbon

8 comments:

Deborah Saaranen said...

So beautiful! The narrow horizontal floral panel behind the image is such a wonderful design element! I certainly am not tired of this set-- you do marvelous things with it!
Happy Thanksgiving!

LeAnne said...

Beautiful! What a wonderful card.
LeAnne

Anonymous said...

Please don't stop using "Gentler Times" I have that set and need inspiration! This card is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing! I'm also interested in the directions for the rag quilt.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Sandy Kay

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is stunning...and I LOVE purple, so I REALLY love this!!

Stampin_melissa said...

Wow, this is just gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

That is so lovely, soft and just oozes warmth. Is that the right word?

Anonymous said...

A really beautiful card. I have and love this set, wish it hadn't retired! I , too, tend to b=neglect purple, this inspired me! thanks a bunch~ Kerney

Anonymous said...

This is one of my most favorite sets ever and you always make me glad I have it! Just when I thought you'd done the most gorgeous cards with this set! This is just jaw-droppingly stunningly gorgeous!!