Sunday, November 9, 2008

A Saltbox Sunday and Jen's Sketch for you to Try!




Say that 10 times fast! LOL! Jen has done it again with a fabulous sketch that I had to try! I decided to use two of the new sets from The Saltbox Studio; "Pumpkin Oak" and "Give Thanks". I absolutely love these pilgrims. I decided to use one of the large pumpkins from "Pumkpkin Oak" as well. What would Thanksgiving be without pumpkins? One of the things I love about both of these sets is the great sentiments and the fonts that they come in. I opted for the simple Happy Thanksgiving, but there are quite a few to choose from. All of the stamps can be found at http://www.amuseartstamps.com/ . I paired it with some old DS paper from SU!. I loved this paper when it came out and I still have quite a bit of it left. I thought it worked well with these images. Everything is colored with a combination of Prismacolor markers, Copics and a few SU! markers.
I know that I had mentioned before that Football was over, but we decided to do one more tournament so this week has been filled with more practices and then a game yesterday. Our team won, so we have another game next Saturday. The plan is that the boys will get to play at the Real SaltLake Stadium which is where SLC professional Soccer Team plays. I am really hoping the weather will stay nice. It was an exciting game, because we had never played this particular team and we didn't know what we were up against. Looking at the opponents, I could have sworn they were at least 2 or 3 years older than my son's team, but we played them anyway. You should have seen the boy my son was up against on the line! Eek! He was large! Anyway...they were big, but they went down hard and fast. The score ended up being 41-7. I think in the end, the other team just sortof gave up. GO THUNDER!!!!! Thanks for fluttering by!

3 comments:

Deborah Saaranen said...

What a marvelous Thanksgiving card-- your coloring on the Pilgrims is just fantastic!

Juanita said...

I really like this card. So much of it appeals to me. The color combo is great, the retired SU paper is great, the image is too cute. Thanks for sharing with us.

Libby Hickson said...

Love this! Those pilgrim images are wonderful.