Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Getting Organized!!!



Last night was the first stamp club I have had since July. I know...it has been a while. I love being organized for the Holidays, so I decided to create an organizer that could fit in your purse. I guess it depends on what size of purse you prefer to carry around. I needed to make it long enough to fit a business size envelope, because that is one of the items inside. I like having somewhere to put all of my Christmas receipts in one place so that if I need to return something or keep track of my spending (LOL!) then it is all together.The Riding Hood Red cardstock measures 8 1/2 by 9 1/2 and then it is folded in half at 4 1/4. I printed out a calendar in my calendar wizard program, stamped snoflakes on it and attached it to the inside. I also printed out a list that I attached to the envelope that had a place to write the name of the person the gift was for, the item that was purchased, how much it cost and which receipt number it was. I will be numbering all of my receipts as I purchase gifts with a number circled at the top for easy reference. I know...I am a little freaky. I also printed up a list that I stapled to the inside for lists. Next, I sealed a 3 by 3 envelope, cut a smidge off the top and cut a notch with my circle punch and adhered that to the calendar so that I could put coupons and such into. I get quite a few coupons from Toys R US, Bath and Body Works, Macy's, etc. that would fit perfectly into the envelope.

Now...you may be wondering,"Why doesn't she just show us the inside?" There is a great reason. Mine has many imperfections as I was ironing out the details to have my club make it. Let's just say mine has character!!!LOL! I have one left that I will make up and show you how the inside "should" look! The clip holds it all together and adds a little detail and a place to add some ribbon! Thanks for fluttering by!

4 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Super job, I love it.

Anonymous said...

There you go, taunting me with this stamp set again! ha ha Great organizer!
mary rose

Deborah Saaranen said...

What a wonderful and pretty way to get organized! (My dream...hehe...)

Julie Hunt said...

I would love to see a picture of the inside. Love the organizer!