Friday, November 21, 2008

Live Simply Inspiration


The other day I was visiting Amy Rohl's blog-Inkaboutme, and loved her post which can be read here: http://inkaboutme.blogspot.com/2008/11/happy-holiday-inspiration.html I love what she wrote. I love finding inspiration in the world around me. The other day I was telling my Mom that I don't do that as much as I used to. It seems that either I am too much of a home-body these days or that I am in too big of a hurry when I am running here or there. Amy's post reminded me of all the inpspiration that I *used* to find! LOL! I guess her post really stuck in my head because the other day when I was cleaning up after dinner, I looked down at my dish towel and thought, "Hey...I have all of those images in stamps from The Saltbox Studio and I could create a cute card along these same lines." My dish towel was given to me by my Mom and it is a darling Deb Strain towel with cute primitive images. Of course my Saltbox Stamps would be perfect. I had *so*much fun creating this scene and I couldn't resist the sentiment; it works perfectly. I used quite an assortment of Saltbox images all of which can be found here: http://www.amuseartstamps.com/ I colored the images with Copic and Prismacolor markers. Thanks for fluttering by!

6 comments:

Elena said...

This is a great card! What a neat place to find your inspiration, too :)

Tanya said...

I love this card! So sweet!

Deborah Saaranen said...

What a marvelous homespun feel! LOVE it!

Amy Rohl said...

I'm so glad I scrolled down a little further and caught this sweet sampler of a card, Kelly! And then imagine my surprise when you mentioned me in the same post--you made my day, girl!

My sister and I used to do lots of needlework, especially reproductions of samplers, so this card took me right back to those days! Love it!

Chris said...

I enjoy Amy's blog and you really created a masterpiece here! It's lovely.

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

I love primitive looking things and this is wonderful! I need to go check out these stamps!