Thursday, May 26, 2016
For the HAPPY letters, I die cut them out of cardstock that matched the gift sack as well as I could. You can see the sack with the card at the bottom of the post. I cut each letter 5 times and glued them together with liquid glue. Once they were somewhat dry, I added the glossy accents.
You can see the finished product with the coordinating sack. I think it turned out great and now I am thinking of all kinds of ways to incorporate this same look into future projects! Thanks for fluttering by!
Saturday, May 21, 2016
Today's card is one of the thank you cards that she will be getting. I bought a pad of pattern paper that I used for all of my kids' teacher's end of year gifts. I will share those soon, too. I didn't start this project until those were ALL done! I had a lot of fun on those, too. Rhys had his last day of preschool on Wednesday so two of them have already been delivered. Anyway, this paper is from that same pad and I really enjoyed working with it. I love how the blues, kraft and gold look together.
So...what I am trying to say is that I have A LOT of cards to share with you. I will also make sure and post some of the projects that I have made previously and not shared as well. I still have all of my teacher appreciation goodness to share with you, too. Thanks for fluttering by!
Friday, May 6, 2016
The flowers were all diecut from assorted dies from MFT. It was actually weird cutting them from paper since I generally use felt. They work up so fast when they're paper and hold their shape really well.I added a halfback pearl to the center of the daisy. The leaves were diecut from Kraft cardstock and then heat embossed with gold for a pretty, vintage effect. I love how they turned out.
The focal piece was diecut using a Spellbinders die and then heat embossed using the "Vintage Labels" set from PTI. The scripted die as well as coordinating stamp set were also used from PTI. I used one of the blush doilies I picked up at Hobby Lobby. I love how it looks peeking from behind the label.
The background was dry embossed using a cuttlebug embossing folder and then I added a few brushed gold sequins for some extra shine. I had an extra flower so I made a quick pillow box for a gift card to accompany her gift. The sentiment is very old from SU!but I thought it tied in nicely with the card. I love how everything turned out! I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day and thanks for fluttering by!
Sunday, May 1, 2016
You can see the honeycomb detail at the bottom of the invitation here. I thought they turned out cute. I really liked the vellum overlay which softened the whole look. I know that was super popular in the early 2000's but I thought it worked nicely with this.
Here is a photo of the cupcakes I shot before I headed down to the school. The toppers were made by stamping the bee image which is from Anna Griffin onto kraft cardstock and then attaching it to a gold glitter paper hot glued onto tooth picks. I ended up not liking how the frosting cam out on the swirls..it was KILLING my hand because it was so thick and I didn't have control. I switched to the cute little peaks which you can see in the left corner. I added edible glitter and silver balls for some fun sparkle.
I ordered these adorable honey jars from amazon but I didn't like the blue gingham lid so I added some gold foil candy wrappers (found in the candy making section of Hobby Lobby) attached with black baker's twine.