Saturday, November 29, 2008

Ahoy, Matey!


Yesterday we went and saw Madagascar 2 and then my Mom, Step-Dad and Sister came over to my house and we played one of my son's games called "Pirate's Cove". We didnt' get a chance to play it on Thanksgiving like we had planned, so we promised him we would play it soon. Let me just say...It is a really fun game and it is really well planned and put together. I love all of the details throughout the game. Anyway...it inspired me to make a Pirate card so I knew that whatever Jen's sketch challenge would be, I would make it into a Pirate card. Who would have known it would work so well? You can check out her sketch and card over at http://www.iheart2stamp.com/ . I used the "Ahoy Matey" stamp set and coordinating wheel from SU! I also paired it with the much beloved "Muirfield" DSP. I colored the wheeled image first using copics and prismacolor markers and from there, the color palette was created. I was thrilled that the "Muirfield" DSP worked perfectly. I sponged, distressed, and tore the edges for a time-worn look. I had a lot of fun with this! Thanks for fluttering by!


******NOTE****** Here is the link for the instructions to the quilt: www.thimblesandthread.blogspot.com/
Supplies:
Ahoy Matey, Matey's Map
Paper: Kraft, PTI White, Muirfield DSP
Ink: Black Jumbo Cartridge, Pallette Noir, Walnut Ink and Vintage Photo distress ink by Ranger, Copic and Prismacolor markers
Accessories: Vintage Brads, Distressing Tool, Marvy circle and scallop punches, foam squares

4 comments:

Kerrie said...

I just love what you have done with this card, it is so cute..This set has been on my wish list for ages,mmmnn maybe it has inspired me to get it..

cheers kerrie

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is so super cute!!

Tanya said...

Very cute!
I left an award for you on my blog....!

Anonymous said...

Oh my Kelly! This is just amazing! The colors you used with the DP and the layout - I can't say enough about this! You are a magician with stamps and paper!