Saturday, November 22, 2008

Bundle of Joy



What is it about baby cards that are so fun to make? I am so glad I got the opportunity to make a baby card for one of my friends in the neighborhood. It is just as much fun to go shopping for baby gifts, too. I bought her a darling little outfit from Gymboree with a racoon on it. Now...I was really wishing I had some type of cute racoon stamp, but I didn't. I decided to use my "Punches Three" set that hasn't seen ink, yet. I paired it with the yummy "Muirfield" DSP. I thought it worked well for a baby boy card. Now...for the layout. I guess I am a sketch challenge junkie lately so I decided to try my hand at Beate's weekend sketch challenge which can be seen here: http://beate.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/I had a lot of fun making this card.

I also decorated a large gable box to put the present in. I don't have great light yet to take a picture of the box, so I just photographed the tag. I am seriously in the mood to sew, so I think I will be heading to the quilt shop today to get some supplies for a baby blanket! Stay tuned and I will post it if I get it done! LOL! Thanks for fluttering by!
P.S. I think it is time for some BLOG CANDY! Stay tuned next week for a fun giveaway!!!!

13 comments:

Deborah Saaranen said...

So precious! I love the star addition-- what a perfect touch! Have fun shopping for quilting fabric!

Libby Hickson said...

This is so gorgeous! My friend just had a baby boy, wish I could just pluck this out of the computer to send to her. :D

Lisa Brown said...

This is precious, Kelly! Love the star accent!

Dori Shelton said...

Gorgeous card! I love the different patterns together.

Amy Rohl said...

Aaack, Kelly--this is just adorable as can be! I'm kicking myself for not getting that stamp set on my last order, but you know it's coming the next time, along with the Murfield dsp as well!

Beate said...

Kelly! I am tickled pink that you had time to play! I LOVE everything you create. This card is beautiful! I love all the details.
Thanks so much for playing!
Hugs and smiles

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is beyond stunning, as always!!

Jennifer said...

Lovin' this card! Great colors.

Elaine said...

Stunning!

Tracy said...

beautiful as always - love the colours together. I bet your neighbour loved the card and the present (with the decorated tag and box of course!)

Anonymous said...

Your card combines rugged looks with delicate center and I love it! It also matched well your saying for the day regarding fighting for peace..... :)

Anonymous said...

How very sweet.......the papers go so well together and with the main image....love the sponging!

Anonymous said...

That baby card ia absolutely gorgeous! I love how elegant it looks!

TFS!
Cindy