Sunday, November 16, 2008

Game On!


Tomorrow is my son's last football game for the year. They are playing an awesome team that will really give them a challenge. It will definitely be exciting. I wanted to make a card for my son to let him know how much fun we have had seeing him play, how much we love him and last but not least, GOOD LUCK! I know our team will do well, just as they have all season. When I saw Jen's sketch for this Saturday, I knew it would be a perfect fit for all of the elements that I wanted to incorporate into this card. I loved the 3 circles on the side that worked so well for other sentiments and images. I absolutely love playing in Jen's sketch challenge. She always does such a great job. You can check her stuff out at http://www.iheart2stamp.com/ I used the retired "Sporting Goods" and "Stamp of Authenticity". I also used my small stack of DSP that had garden green in it that is one of our team's colors. It has retired as well. I did, however, use the current "Sporting" stamp set. Sometimes you need to pull out the oldies but goodies. I have lots of those! LOL! Anyway, wish our team luck and I will let you know how it goes!!!! Thanks for fluttering by!

P.S. The other day my son said, "Mom, where is the "Stud Muffin" card you made for me?" I told him that it was in his drawer. He had it displayed for so long, I decided to take it down and put it in his drawer. He said,"I really liked when you made that for me!" I felt so happy that even though he is a boy and he is 8, he really appreciates what I do for him. I hope that he appreciates this card, too!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

THIS ROCKS!!! I love it!! Thanks for playing!
On another note, I was going through my ATCs and came across yours and just thought, "I just LOVE her stuff!" Thanks for making me smile! Hugs-Jd

Deborah Saaranen said...

Fabulous card-- your son will love this one too!

Amy Rohl said...

Love, love love all your new stuff here, Kelly! Especially all of your Holiday Post creations...you have almost convinced me that I need that set! I think I'll just flutter by and look at yours when I need a fix.

Your SFYTT card is awesome, and I love the "stud muffin card" story as well!

Hugs friend!

Anonymous said...

Whoa, I love the new banner and think it is truly beautiful! Love the card also. Great job.

Regina Cornelius regcorn@zoominternet.net said...

great card!! what a nice thing to do for him! i'm sure he will ove it!
nice banner also....i love it!!!!

Kristin Moore said...

Kelly, I love this card... and the sweet story about your 8 year old son. I don't know if I've ever made a card for my kids other than birthday- isn't that terrible?! Bad mom, bad stamper. Anyway, you've inspired me to make one today. My son (also 8) got his reading test scores home yesterday and he did very very well. A perfect excuse to make him a card!