Saturday, November 1, 2008

Merry and Bright


It's Saturday and you know what that means...I will be trying Jen's sketch. You can check it out here: http://iheart2stamp.com/ I loved today's sketch because I knew exactly which image and embellishments I would be using. I am in love with the new Christmas set "To You and Yours" from the new Idea Book and Catalog from SU! I knew it was a must have as soon as I saw it. I love the sentiments that are included and the two images. I also love the new Ski Slope paper in the mini catalog. One of the striped pieces reminds me of the curtains I made for my stamp area. I loved the fabric I chose because it looked like the In-Colors from last year...but the stripes are as much Riding Hood Red, Baja Breeze and Kiwi Kiss as they were Purely Pomegranate, Soft Sky and River Rock. In fact...I think they are more so this year's colors. Anyway...I will quit rambling about my curtains! I added a star brad and a little felt flurry and some striped ribbon. The felt flurry looked a bit naked, so I added a gem sticker from Making Memories. A gal showed us at convention how to pop the gems out of the SU! brads, but I wanted something quick! Othe rthan that...this card is 100% SU! I actually showed a few projects with this set, paper and embellishments at my workshop on Tuesday. Now that Halloween is over, I will be showing quite a few Holiday ideas! Thanks for fluttering by!

6 comments:

Deborah Saaranen said...

How very pretty! Love everything about this design-- the paper and color choices, felt snowflake/gem!
Looking forward to seeing more Christmas designs!

Amy Rohl said...

Hi Kelly!

I just love your version of Jen's sketch--aack, it's gorgeous! Your mix of the ski slope dsp is perfect, and the ribbon and banner secured with the brad are perfect!

Anonymous said...

Kelly, I am in love with this card! The stamping is simple, the layout lovely, and the accents are perfect! I'm only kickin' myself that I didn't put this stamp set on my last order. Great job!
mary rose

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is STUNNING!!!

Anonymous said...

This is lovely. I love how you stamped the house in red and didn't color it. It looks fab!!

Crystal said...

This is so beautiful! I love this set and was my first choice as a new Christmas set from SU and this new dsp is fab as well!