Monday, August 31, 2020

Flash Sale {Ghosts and Ghoulies}

It's Monday which means there's a brand-new Flash Sale from Papertrey Ink/Ink to Paper beginning at 12 noon EDT! Today I'm getting in the Halloween spirit with two cards using one of my favorite color combinations for Halloween and some fun stamps and dies, too! The sale begins at 12 noon today EDT and ends on Wednesday at 12 noon EDT. 




I had a lot of fun putting these Halloween cards together; from the stenciled background to the playful ghosts and the cheesecloth in the background!

To begin both cards, I cut two panels measuring 4 by 5 1/4 inches out of Lilac Grace and Plum Pudding cardstock. I used a craft stencil to add some Plum Pudding ink to the lighter panel and Royal Velvet ink to the darker panel using a blender brush. Once that was done, I added the Nuvo Moonstone Glimmer Paste over the top to give the polka dots some shimmer and shine! I loved the raised detail it gives the panel as well! I felt the polka dots played off the ghosts' expressions nicely!

I die cut all of the ghosts, bows, and speech bubbles out of white cardstock and then stamped everything using my mini MISTI. Since I was making 2, it really made things easy!

I stamped the "Happy  Halloween" sentiment in black onto a strip of Royal Velvet cardstock to bring in more of this particular shade. It's so rich and really helped me to ground the cards.

I stamped and heat embossed the spider web image onto a small rectangle of black cardstock. I adhered the white and the black panel together at a wonky angle using foam squares. I also attached the snippets of cheesecloth to the back pulling it here and there until I got the desired look.

Mr. Ghost is wearing a dapper bow-tie and Mrs. Ghost is sporting her Lilac Grace bow. The eyes and mouth images got a little extra detail with a bit of Crystal Glaze to make them shine! I also added a few sparkling clear sequins here and there! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

6 comments:

Casandra Bennett said...

I had to leave a comment today to share my joy at all the purply goodness of these 2 very cute cards. :) Sparkle, embossing, cheesecloth(?!), so many cute details to take in. You showed how easy it is to make very cute cards while stretching supplies we might have in our stash. P.S. I am an email subscriber and have been enjoying all of your beautiful artwork over this past year, and it's helped inspire my creativity. Thank you.

Denise Bryant said...

Adorable cards! Love the layering and the cute ghosts! Great textures too!

Stephanie Clapper said...

Pretty Halloween colors, I love the “BOO!”. Happy Monday! ( I still don’t know where August went! )

Kelly Lunceford said...

Awww...thank you so much!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you! I'm not sure either!😂