Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Warmest Birthday Wishes

I thought I'd better pop in with these cards I made back in July before summer disappears! They are super simple, but they use the darling Summer Vibes stamp set that was a must-have for me! I got it when it was first released and there it sat, unused! Boo! I decided that I'd just do some simple ink blending and coloring to create some quick birthday cards!

I used the fabulous Cloud Mix-ables Stencil for the sky and some Scattered Straw Distress Oxide ink for the sand portion. I used my color spritzing tool (photo of this near the bottom of the post) to create some sandy specks at the bottom of the panel.

I die cut the panel using the Diagonal Stitched Rectangle dies to give this simple card some extra detail. After that was done, I stamped all of the images in black and then colored them with Copic markers. I don't do nearly as much coloring as I used to and I forget how therapeutic it is! I used the Sunny Vibes Die-Namics to die cut all of the colored images. I arranged them on the card here and there for a beach-y scene! This is my favorite of the two because it has a bit more depth to the scene.

This one is a little bit more plain, but I just adore that sweet little bunny working on her sandcastle! The shell and sun both have a coating of Nuvo Crystal Glaze over the top. After I had photographed the cards, I decided that the umbrellas need some glaze as well, so they are shiny now, too!  I added a trio of White Nuvo Drops to the centers of the palm trees as well as some sparkling clear sequins. The sentiment is stamped onto a strip of white cardstock and added to the panel using foam squares. 

For those of you who have asked about the color spritzing tool....this is it! It is from my SU! days and I still have all of the markers that fit with it. This is how I add a lot of the ink splatter to many of my designs.

This little kitty is just the cutest, don't you think? I added it to the inside of the card using foam squares. The sunglasses also have a layer of glaze for some realistic shine. I thought this SENTIMENT was the perfect touch to accent this bibliophile kitty! ha ha! I gave one of these cards to my son for his August birthday and the other will be heading to one of the kiddos from church in the next day or two! 
I'm glad I got these cuties inked up, but guess what? I still have MORE summer stamps that I haven't used at all! Those might have to wait until next year! So sad! Summer goes by way too fast! Anyway, thanks for fluttering by!
 

2 comments:

Stephanie Clapper said...

Kelly, your summery scene from MFT is perfectly colored and so cute! Thank you very much for sharing your spritzing tool too! I wondered how you were always able to spritz your card areas, just right. Can’t believe this summer went by so quick! Have a great weekend! 💖😎

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Stephanie! The color spritzing tool is a fun tool to have! Enjoy your weekend!