Friday, August 28, 2020

The Greetery Gathered Blessings Release Day


Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower~ Albert Camus

Happy release day, friends! It's the most wonderful day of the month! All of the fabulous products from the Gathered Blessings release from The Greetery go on sale today at 10 AM EST! I've used a few of my favorites on this card to share with you today! Since the release isn't actually "live", I don't have links to share with you for each new product, but you can find everything HERE once it goes live!  I want to thank each of you for your sweet comments you've left for me the past two days! I enjoy reading which products you're especially loving!

For my release projects, I went for a very traditional autumn look, but after seeing some of Betsy's fabulous color combinations, I wanted to try a few of my own autumn favorites!  This card uses the new Mimosa Musings, but this time stamped in Picked Rapberry Distress Oxide ink for another fun look. I actually googled Mimosa trees before I made my sample yesterday. I noticed that there is both yellow and pink, so I thought I'd better give the pink a try! That being said, the sky is the limit with colors you can use....that's what's so great about stamping!


The Mighty Oak and Toadstool Garden BotaniCuts play so nicely together! They're a match made in heaven! I chose to keep the toadstools and leaves cohesive in colors to pull everything together! Of course the coarse crystal glitter makes them look even more amazing! I love that the lighter portion on the center of the pink leaves makes them almost look like sparkles!

I also wanted to branch out with the shiplap background. Betsy did some amazing things that inspired me to get a little bit more creative with mine. I decided to start off with Soft Stone cardstock from PTI and then added the Weathered Wood Distress Oxide ink around the edges. It took 3 passes of the die cut machine to get enough planks for this background since they are placed on the diagonal. I was able to use the extra pieces that I trimmed from the edges to fill in the gaps on the sides.

The sentiments are both from the new Blessed Blooms that will be released today as well. These are so beautiful and I just love the font! I chose to use Soft Stone cardstock for these as well so they wouldn't be too stark.

This card was a joy to create and I loved inking these BotaniCuts up in some beautiful autumn colors! Now that school has started, I guess fall can come! LOL! How about you? Are you ready for fall? 
Thanks for fluttering by!

 

14 comments:

Helen said...

Wow!! Wow!! Wow!!! Your card is absolutely stunning, Kelly! I just love the colour combination and design! I have fallen in love with the shiplap die and the wonderful toadstools and florals in this amazing new release! Thanks for the inspiration! Take care! :)

Stephanie Clapper said...

I’m with Helen, with an extra Wow! Kelly, the colors are your card are so amazing, I’m going back for extra looks. It’s SO GORGEOUS and just AMAZING! Thanks so much for sharing how you made your shiplap! I hope your day is as lovely as your card, you’re such a generous designer! 😊💖👏⭐️

Donna said...

Unbelievably beautiful! Why is it that I want to re-create everything you make! Love the soft gray shiplap with the lovely fall items!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Gorgeous Card!

jan metcalf said...

This is one of my favorites from the release!! Amazing color choices!!

Nancy G said...

Kelly, this card is jaw dropping gorgeous!!!

TLady said...

OH WOW, Kelly!!! This is SO GORGEOUS done in colors that you wouldn't expect! JUST GORGEOUS!!! ;)<3

Debbie said...

Oh, Kelly, such a treat to have this gorgeous "bonus" card today. The colors are absolutely beautiful and shiplap background is perfect. Thank you always for your lovely inspiration. Enjoy your weekend.

Connie said...

What a fun fantastic color colored card, Kelly!

Denise Bryant said...

Awesome card! Love all that texture and the pretty colors you used!
I ordered this morning! Had to get the shiplap die plus a couple of other items I have had on my wish list for awhile!

Pauline said...

Wow!!!, this is absolutely stunning! The colour combo you used on this amazing, and love your shiplap background, the grey is a nice backdrop for your image!

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous, love how you did the background and the way the mushrooms and goodies pop off the page!

Carmela said...

Kelly, this is one amazing card! Love all the layers and your gorgeous colors!!

Cindy H. said...

Wow, Kelly, this is just soooooo gorgeous!! Love the designs, love the colors, love it all!