Thursday, August 13, 2020

Ink to Paper August Release Countdown Day 3

Welcome to day 3 of the Ink to Paper August release countdown! Today is less about autumn and more about flowers, birds and more! I have A LOT to share today, so enjoy! First up is this gorgeous new set called Ravishing Ranunculus paired with the new Clearly In the Vase stamp set. I have three cards to share using these beautiful new flowers!

I love to plant an assortment of Ranunculus in the spring in the pots on my porch. They don't last long, so I enjoy them while I can! For this first card, I stamped them in pink and purple for a mixed bouquet.

I stamped the leaves and stems as well and then arranged them in the stamped vase. I found that I could get a more realistic arrangement if I placed the stems in first and then added the flowers using foam squares.

I found that it was easiest to stamp the largest solid image first, and then the outline image. Once that was done, I went back in with what I would normally consider the 2nd step, but this way I could get everything lined up properly! Once I figured that out, it was so easy to get these put together!

If you can't tell, I simply adore using the Nifty Plaid Background. I stamped it in Hawaiian Shores ink and then added some ink blending around the edges and then some ink splatter over the top.

I used the "Happy Birthday" sentiment from the new Feathered Friends 3 mini stamp set, which I will share at the bottom of today's post. I really like both of the sentiments that are included in this set and I will probably be using them a lot!

I tied a bow of True Black Baker's Twine around the card and tied in a bow for some added texture and detail. I used dew drops here and there inside the vase portion for some watery looking detail.

For my next card, I added the sweet bird from the Feathered Friends 3 stamp set and the other sentiment included in the set. Isn't it so adorable? I kept saying "the world is so much "tweeter" with you in it" when I was making this card! LOL!

I arranged the stems inside the vase again on this card, but for some reason I kept them straight up and down! ha ha! It wasn't until I was editing my photos that I noticed how unnatural it looked! LOL! While it looks unnatural, they do look tidy, don't they? 

I decided to stamp two birds at once while I was making my card at the bottom of today's post. I had this little guy left over and ended up popping him at the bottom of the vase for some added interest. The Feathered Friends collection is one of my favorites and I love adding them on my projects!

The background is a 4 by 5 1/4 inch piece of Bitty Big: Aqua Mist pattern paper and then I added a Pierced Feature Frames: Oval frame over the top using foam squares. I added the vase in the center using additional foam squares. The sentiment is stamped on the smaller print of the same Aqua mist paper using black ink.  I secured it to the frame using glue dots.

I added the bird and a few sequins for added detail.  Once again, I used the guide that was provided for us for my colors. I really love this combination!

I think this particular color combination works nicely for spring AND fall alike! 

This last card using the Ravishing Ranunculus stamp set uses it more as a background with the sentiment as the focal point!  I'm sneaking an early peek of the new Inside Sentiments set that will be showcased tomorrow! Shhh...don't tell anyone!

It pairs perfectly with the sentiment die from the new Border Bling: Grateful Vine. I used the border on the bird card from yesterday. I die cut it twice out of white cardstock and then once out of gold specialty paper and glued them together.

The background uses the new Trellis Cover Plate, which is so much fun! I kept the middle diamonds in tact for a different look and it also gave me the opportunity to add a dab of glue to each one to secure it to the card base.

The sentiment is stamped on the middle size circle from the Love to Layer: Scalloped Circles and then the grateful word is glued above. 

This is my last card for today and uses so many things that I love! I used the gorgeous Aqua/Yellow color combination again, paired with touch of Mint!

I used the Cover Plate Trellis die for the background, cutting it out of white cardstock and then adding it over a Aqua Mist card base using liquid glue. Once that was done, I added the outer frame that is die cut using the Border Bling: Tin Stitch Die with foam squares. I also added the white leaf vine that is from the new Border Bling: Grateful Vine die. 

I love any excuse to use the Into the Blooms die which worked perfectly to accent this card. I added a few of the daisies here and there as well as a trio of leaves. The bird is tucked on top of the flowers and leaves using foam squares.

The sentiment is stamped in black and added using foam squares. I tucked it inside the frame for something different. I seem to get stuck in  design ruts, so it's always fun to try something new!

This concludes day 3 of the release! Join me again tomorrow for the 4th and final day! Thanks for fluttering by!
 

8 comments:

jan metcalf said...

When do you sleep?! Your cards are amazing, so many careful details! I am going to open a new category on Pinterest just for your cards!!

Kelly Lunceford said...

LOL! Thank you, Jan! Things have been busy, for sure!😂😂😂 you're so sweet!

Cindy H. said...

Kelly, this is such a lovely bunch of cards! Love the designs and beautiful color combos.

mel h said...

Such beautiful cards, and so different, yet tied together by the color and details. These are just lovely.

Andre M. said...

Loving the palettes on your cards, especially the aqua and yellow, thanks for sharing these darling cards.

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you! You're so sweet!