Friday, August 14, 2020

Ink to Paper August Release Countdown Day 4

 

Well friends, today is the 4th and final day of the Ink to Paper August release countdown! It's been a jam-packed week with lots of autumn and floral inspiration! We're finishing off with some really cute new products that I can't wait to share with you! Up first is the newest addition in the stitching collection, the acorn! This has so many fun possibilities that I can't wait to explore! For today, I used it as the focal point for this gratitude card!

I paired it with the "grateful" die from the Border Bling: Grateful Vine die! I love how it looks die cut from gold cardstock! I stacked it three times; twice out of white cardstock and the final layer is the gold paper! This word die cuts like a dream and is so easy to use! It has a nice sturdy feel to it which makes it easy to add to your projects!

The larger sentiment, which is from the new Inside Sentiments: Grateful set, fits perfectly on the largest of the Banner Builder Basics die. I love when that happens!  I cut it out of my new-found favorite, Honey Nut cardstock! I really feel bad that I have neglected it so much! LOL!

I added a few stamped leaves from the Lovely Leaves stamp set to the top of the acorn. I really thought I should use some Oak leaves, but these just looked so nice, I couldn't resist! They are stamped in Honey Nut and Saffron Spice ink (another neglected beauty).

The acorn bottom and the base of the card use the Bitty Big: Kraft pattern paper. I used the larger and smaller of the same pattern, which I don't normally do, but have now done TWICE during the countdown! ha ha! I love that this card could be used as a seasonal thank you, but could also work nicely for a Thanksgiving card!

My last card of the day and the countdown uses a super fun new interactive die and coordinating sentiment stamp set called Shutter It! I'm one that tends to shy away from anything too technical, but this is such an easy and FUN die collection that will be easy to use for the novice and advanced card maker alike!

The dies come with the option for both a vertical or horizontal card which is so nice! I chose to go for the vertical one so I could add a few of the plants from the previously released Growth Stamp Set. I also paired it with the fun Rustic Brick Background stamped in Fresh Snow ink.

There are a bunch of fun and useful sentiments that you can use for the window or anywhere on the card, really. I chose to use the "hello there" sentiment stamped in black.

This is how the shutters look closed. It would be fun to add a wreath to seasonal cards. You could simply attach it to one side only so that it could still be opened.

I've had a lot of fun creating all of the cards for this release! I hope you've enjoyed the countdown! Everything will be available for purchase on the 15th starting at 10 PM EDT! Thanks for fluttering by!

2 comments:

Andre M. said...

You've shared a fab range of cards over the last few days, the fall palettes are my fave.

Denise Bryant said...

Love the acorn die! Great textures and colors for your beautiful fall card! I love those shutters too... lots of possibilities!