Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Ink to Paper August Release Countdown Day 2

I'm back for day 2 of the Ink to Paper August release countdown! First up is the new Feathered Friends Die 3 that I combined with the nest/grapevine wreath that is part of the Hello Pumpkin stamp set that was showcased yesterday. I also used a few other favorites to bring this design to life!

To begin this design, I used Distress Oxide Inks to color all of the pieces of the bird die cuts. I used the sample that was included for us to reference. I've been taking quite a bit of creative liberties with these birds , but for today I tried to keep it the way it is supposed to look!  ha ha!

I had the nest left over from my day 1 projects and the bird looks so cute perched on the edge. One of my favorite stamp sets from last year is the Lovely Leaves stamp set and I used it in a little bit of a different way on today's card. I chose to stamp just the outline portion in black onto Honey Nut cardstock for a more graphic look. 

I also created two flowers using the Into the Blooms dies to tuck behind the sentiment. I heat embossed the sentiment in gold onto black cardstock. This particular sentiment is from the Floral Delicacies Stamp Set and it happens to be one of my favorites.

The background was created using the new Border Bling: Grateful Vine, which I dry embossed. I also added some black paint splatter over the top using a fine point paint brush.

The sentiment is wrapped around the background piece and secured in the back using clear tape. Once that was done, I was able to adhere it to a top folding A2 card base using ScorTape.

I placed a trio of sparkling clear sequins here and there for sparkle and shine. This is one of my favorite color combinations for fall. I don't know why I don't use Honey Nut cardstock and ink more!

Next up is colorful design using a new set called Framing Fall and the companion Framing Fall Sentiments stamp set. I had so much fun creating the blended panel for my Halloween card yesterday, so I did some more blending using Distress Oxide inks.

Once the panel was finished, I stamped the two images using black ink and then die cut them using the coordinating Framing Fall dies. I stamped the portion on the top opposite as the portion on the bottom to give the design more visual movement.

I die cut the Grateful sentiment and then heat embossed it in gold using the Framing Fall sentiment set. I kept the remaining portion of the blended panel and used it to anchor the sentiment with foam squares.

I added the "Begin each day with a grateful heart" sentiment, which is from last year's Just Sentiments: Grateful Heart stamp set. It is one of my favorites and worked perfectly on this card.

A little bit more paint splatter for this card as well as some sequins finish it off! Join me tomorrow for day 3 of the countdown! Thanks for fluttering by!
 

5 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

Your cards are so beautiful and I especially love the rainbow look to your grateful card! I love how you mix the old with the new!

Patti H. said...

Your cards are fabulous! I especially love that plump little bird! A true must have!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you, Wanda! You're so sweet!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you! Yes, that bird is so cute!

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Kelly, sorry for the late comment. I can’t believe I missed this Outstanding post! I could never pick a favorite because I’m in love with everything you design & your exceptional range of styles. But this ranks high on the list! I thought you used watercolors on your Grateful card, I was so surprised how you achieved the gorgeous colors. Your blending and then stamping is something I won’t forget because it’s a technique to color a stamp without being a colorist. I’m am definitely challenged but then I’m an ink geek at heart. Thank you sweet lady for being a constant source of inspiration! 😊💖