Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Ink to Paper August Release Countdown Day 1

Hello and welcome to day 1 of the Ink to Paper August release countdown! The name of this first set that I'm showcasing is "Hello Pumpkin" and couldn't be more fitting for what you'll be seeing over the next few day! ha ha! As I mentioned a few days ago, we're diving into all things autumn and Halloween for this upcoming release!


My first card for today uses the fabulous new "Hello Pumpkin" stamp/die set and new addition to the Border Bling family, called Border Bling: Leaves! This die collection includes two frames and a little cluster of the leaves to die cut individual pieces.

One of my favorite elements from the new Hello Pumpkin set is the cut little grapevine nest/wreath image! I've been having so much fun with it and it will be such a fun addition on future projects!

As you can see, I added in some of the fabulous flowers dies from the Into the Blooms die collection! They work so nicely and give this card such a fun autumnal touch, don't you think?

I chose to dry emboss the frame with some ink blending around the edges. The "Hello Pumpkin" sentiment is stamped in black for some contrast! 

My next card also uses the "Hello Pumpkin" stamp set, but this time, I added in the Jack-O-Lantern face from another new set called "Scaredy Cat". I also used some of my favorites from last year's Halloween release as well.

For this card, I used Distress Oxide Ink to create a blended background in Autumn colors and then used the Border Bling Leaves die. I stamped the Caught In My Web stamp set in the upper corner using black ink. I also used the fun new "Inside Greetings Halloween" for the bottom of the card.

I die cut the Boo! sentiment 3 times using the To Die For Sentiments: Halloween and glued it together with liquid glue. I also added a layer of Nuvo Crystal Glaze for some added detail and shine!


I arranged the pumpkin and leaves between the two sentiments using foam squares. I also added a trio of sparkling clear sequins for shine!

I used small pieces of black foam squares to pop up the Boo! I ended up by saving all of the little leaves that were die cut from the frame that I used on another project that I'm sharing today!

I layered the entire blended panel onto a top folding A2 card base using additional foam squares! 

Up next is my card using the Scaredy Cat stamp set I talked about earlier! It is such a sweet Halloween set and I love the fonts! 

This card also features the new Hay Bale dies which are so much fun for so many Halloween/Autumn projects! I tied this hay bale up with jute twine for a realistic and fun detail.

I used the same steps for this Boo! as well as the one on the previous card. The "Trick or Treat" sentiment is heat embossed in white and then die cut using the Love to Layer: Scalloped Circle Dies

The background is stamped using the versatile Nifty Plaid background stamp for a fresh and modern look. The black cat at the bottom is simply die cut using the Scaredy Cat die collection twice and then glued together. It also got a nice coat of Crystal Glaze for some added shine. There IS a black cat image that goes with this die, I just wanted to something a little bit more stark for this design. It felt more cohesive with the BOO!

The other image is stamped in black and then I colored it using Copic markers. The tail and the head are separate solid images that I stamped in black. I added yet another coat of Crystal Glaze to this image as well!

The entire thing is framed using the Skinny Stitched Frames for some added color and detail! I added all of this to a black A2 top folding card base.

My last card of the day uses the Hello Pumpkin set and all of those blended leaves from the other Halloween card!

The sentiment is heat embossed in gold, which I always love! I layered the pumpkins up in the wreath/next and then added the vellum sentiment over the top!

I added the leaves here and there using foam squares for added dimension. I used another one of the sentiments from the Inside Greetings: Halloween set stamped in black at the bottom!

You can see the shine of the embossing a little bit better in this photo as well as the detail of the die cut leaves on the border.

The finishing touches are a little bow of jute twine on the stem of the pumpkin and a trio of sparkling clear sequins for shine! I've got a nice start to my autumn/Halloween cards! Join me again tomorrow for day 2 of the countdown! Thanks for fluttering by!
 

5 comments:

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous Autumn cards!!

Marie said...

Fall is my favorite season and these images make me feel all cozy. Great cards!

Denise Bryant said...

Beautiful cards! I love the fall, and Halloween is my favorite cardmaking occasion of the year! Awesome colors and images!

Andre M. said...

Gorgeous layouts on your cards, love the pretty fall palettes.

Wanda Cullen said...

WOW, these projects are ALL SO AMAZING!! Your creativity knows no bounds! Thanks for all your inspiration with combining old with the new!