Monday, August 17, 2020

Flash Sale {Thank you for your love and kindness}



I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! I'm back again today for this week's Papertrey Ink/Ink to Paper Flash Sale! If you'd like a  sneak peek of each week's Flash Sale, make sure to check your email for the Papertrey Ink newsletter each Sunday evening! We're transitioning to autumn projects, so I've selected some fun colors and stamps for this week's Flash Sale! This sale will begin on Monday, August 17th at 12 Noon EDT and go until Wednesday August 19th at 12 Noon EDT.





If you read my blog last week, then you already know that I'm trying to remedy my neglect of Honey Nut and Saffron Spice! I decided to bring these two beauties to life on today's cards! I used both the ink and the cardstock for a cohesive look.


I used quite a mix of stamps to pull these two autumn designs together! I love mixing a bit of this and that when I create my cards. My first step was to get the focal images/sentiment stamped. I used the It's A Sign: Wood Frames stamp set and die collection for the circle portion. It is stamped in Weathervane ink and then the sentiment, which is from the It's A Sign: Love and Kindness stamp set, is stamped in black. 

From there, I got to work on the leaves. The oak leaves are stamped in Fine Linen and Saffron Spice ink and the other larger cluster of leaves are stamped in Fine Linen and Honey Nut ink. I used a small blender brush to tap the inks together where they meet for a two-toned, seamless look.

I also added a heat embossed sentiment from the Just Sentiments: Grateful Heart stamp set at the bottom to give the card some contrast and reinforce the salutation. 

I stamped the Rustic Brick Background in white onto a panel of Weathervane cardstock that measures 3 3/4 inches by 5 inches. I also added some extra white ink around the edges of the panel by simply  using the edge of the ink pad.  I cut and scored two card bases; one out of Saffron Spice cardstock and one out of Honey Nut. Each one got some sponged ink around the corners for added contrast. At this point, all of the elements were ready to layer together!

This is always the fun part when it's time to put everything together! I used foam squares to add everything onto the card bases. Once they were all assembled, I added some White Nuvo Drops around the leaves and a few sparkling clear sequins here and there for some sparkle and shine. These were a lot of fun to put together and will be perfect to add to my growing autumn stash! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

3 comments:

Stephanie Clapper said...

I can’t believe this week went by so fast! Thank you for sharing your seriously Beautiful cards and for the Flash sale too! Have a.nice weekend!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thanks! Enjoy your weekend!❤❤❤

ciocolata si zahar said...

Nice blog youu have