Sunday, August 16, 2020

The Greetery {So Thankful for You}

I'm just popping in today with a few floral cards using the flowers from the latest release from The Greetery! I am in love with the Hydrangeas and can't seem to get enough of them, particularly stamped in blue! I didn't want to neglect the other flowers in the Budding Beauties Summer Stamp Set so I made up another bouquet using the Daisies and the Peonies as well!

I die cut each of the three Hydrangeas using the Budding Beauties die collection and then stamped them using my mini MISTI. This is such a fun and easy flower to stamp and line up for great results! I also stamped a few of the Petite Eucalyptus images to tuck inside this bouquet! I really love the extra contrast that it gives to the design!

The bow is die cut using the Fit to Be Tied Die out of white cardstock and then I added the color using an ink pad and a blender brush. I glued the two pieces together and then added some glitter to the bow as well as the three Hydrangeas.

My Nordic Frames dies have been a bit neglected so I decided to switch things up and use the medium size panel to adhere the bouquet to. I layered it up onto a panel that was die cut using the Crimped Frame Die and stamped using the Windowpane Plaid Background Stamp. I love the hint of color and pattern that it gives this simple design.

The sentiment, which is from the Sentiment Suite Thank You Stamp Set, is stamped in black for contrast. I added it to the bow using foam squares to make it pop! The entire focal panel is layered onto a top folding A2 card base using additional foam squares.

My next card uses some of the same elements to keep these two cards cohesive. I used the outer portion of the Nordic Frames for this card, and the crimped portion with the Windowpane design on the smaller panel. I also added a bit of ink blending to the center to give it a little bit more color.

The Peony is stamped in yellow inks and the daisies are stamped in pink. I added green colored pencil to the centers rather than using the stamp that is intended for the centers. I wanted to give them a bit more detail and shading, so I opted for the pencils.

I love the bold look of the Written in Ribbons Stamp Set and knew it would be the perfect thing to anchor the bouquet! I love that it has the smaller companion sentiments to finish off each phrase. I stamped the "birthday to you!" portion of the sentiment in black.

I gave this bouquet a sprinkling of glitter as well for some sparkle and shine. I just love how it looks when it catches the light! Everyone should have a little sparkle on their birthday, don't you think?

I'm sure this birthday design will be headed out the door any day now and the thank you card will get added to my stash for later! Thanks for fluttering by!
 

16 comments:

Cindy H. said...

Kelly, these cards are simply gorgeous and I love them! I haven't inked up these beautiful flowers yet and you have given me the most wonderful inspiration to do so. Thank you!

Cindy Otto said...

Love your beautiful cards, l haven’t used these stamps much and you have given me some ideas to stamp. Thank you!

Stephanie Clapper said...

Good morning! I actually worked on these flowers all week, in all different color combinations. Whenever I put the last detail on the hydrangeas, it gives me a big smile because they just come to life. Kelly, your cards are gorgeous! The combinations of bows, frames & sentiments really take your designs to the next level and wow, what a difference the pencils make! Your artistry is always amazes me! TFS!

jan metcalf said...

Lovely eye candy for my morning joe! Thank you for the inspiration Kelly!

Marcia Hill said...

Both cards are absolutely BEAUTIFUL Kelly...I love that Budding Beauties set too!! I've never used the bigger bow in the Fit To Be Tied set, and I don't know why now that I've seen your blue bow...it's just lovely and goes perfectly with those lovely Hydrangea's! Beautiful inspiration this morning...thank you!! :0)

Pam said...

So pretty. I've got the same flowers sitting on my desk waiting to be put on a card front. Thanks for the inspo.

Connie said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards, Kelly!
Your designs are so inspiring.
Wondering what ink you use for your stamping?

Debbie said...

Kelly, your cards are beautiful. You have given me new inspiration for using the Budding Beauties without the adorable watering can. I just die cut a bunch of the various bows this weekend so I will definitely be combining them thanks to your ideas. Have a wonderful week.

شركة الحمد للخدمات المنزلية said...


شركة تنظيف بالدمام والرياض ومكافحة حشرات مع الضمان
شركة مكافحة حمام بالدمام والرياض
شركة مكافحة حمام تركيب أشواك وطارد للطيور الحمام

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much! I use Pinkfresh Studio ink for my projects for The Greetery

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you! It sounds like you'll be having a fun time!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Pam!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Marcia!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you, my dear!❤❤❤

Kelly Lunceford said...

Sounds like you've been having a wonderful time! Thank you so much! You're always so sweet!❤❤❤

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you, Cindy! You're so sweet!