Saturday, August 29, 2020

Sunny Studio Stamps {You're on my nice list}

Hello and welcome! I'm doing a guest post for Sunny Studio Stamps on their BLOG today using some of the holiday stamps from their latest release! I thought I'd share my projects here as well, so thanks for joining me!  I love all things Santa, so the new North Pole stamp set with both Santa AND Mrs. Claus is just up my alley! 

I paired it with the fun and versatile Winter Scenes stamps to really bring this holiday card to life! The background is created using Tumbled Glass and Faded Jeans Distress Oxide ink for a winter-y looking sky! I also added some white paint splatter for a snowy look.

The images are all stamped in black and then colored with an assortment of alcohol markers. I added some coarse crystal glitter to the tops of the trees, the rooftops, and snowdrifts. Of course I just HAD to add a few of the cute accessories included in the set, like the North Pole, the gift and Santa's "nice list". The sentiment at the top works perfectly with this little addition.

The entire panel is added to an A2 cardbase with a panel of Classic Gingham Pattern Paper for just a hint of added detail. I added a dot of Crystal Glaze to Mrs. Claus's glasses and the top of the North Pole. A few sparkling clear sequins finish off this holiday scene.

As I was coloring the Winter Scene panel for my first card, I realized how perfectly it would work for a tag. I colored another scene and then cut it in half to create the backdrop for these two tags.

Mrs. Claus is offering a plate of cookies sprinkled with a touch of glitter. I feel like this sentiment is perfect for this tag and will be perfect to add to a package of homemade holiday treats!

Santa is sporting his "all important" list again, so I had to use the "You're on my nice list" sentiment once again. For those of you who aren't tag makers, per say, these tag designs would be perfect of add to a card base for a fun holiday card as well!

My last card for today uses the cute and playful elves from the North Pole stamp set. I inked up each of the 4 elves twice and colored them exactly the same for ease and speed. I did very simple coloring since there are so many elves.

Once they were die cut, I added them to the gingham background in a way that you might see a pattern on wrapping paper. I added them using foam squares in the arrangement that I liked, adding the punny sentiment at the top.

Once the elves were in place, I cut the edges using my paper trimmer making little hats and feet go flying! LOL! I actually put those little snippets to good use and added them in to the design here and there. I also added in a few packages and North Pole images to fill in the gaps.

The White Nuvo Drops are added here and there for some added detail. The elves' jingle bells and the tops of the North Pole all have some Crystal Glaze over the top for added shine and detail. The entire panel is added to a top folding A2 card base using a tape runner. I feel honored to have been asked to do this guest design project! Thank you Sunny Studio Stamps! Thanks for fluttering by!



 

3 comments:

Sandy said...

These Christmas cards are so cute. Love these stamp sets. This is really getting me into a holiday mood.

Stephanie Clapper said...

Playful, fun and colorful! Such pretty cards for Christmas! On a personal note, I’m working on some Holiday thank yous for my brother instead of starting my Christmas cards. How’s that for having it backwards! 😁💖

Kelly Lunceford said...

I think that's a great idea!