Monday, August 3, 2020

Flash Sale {Hope your day feels like a day at the Beach!}


Can you feel it? I'm trying to ignore it, but it's there! It's that feeling I get every August when I  feel summer slipping through my fingers like sand! I'm aiming to soak it up for as long as I possibly can! I decided to go for a tropical/beach-y theme for today's Papertrey Ink/Ink to Paper Flash Sale to keep my summer spirits up! I chose to use the fabulous Beachy Keen stamp set that was released last year! Everything included in this week's Flash Sale are as follows: Beachy Keen Stamp Set
INK: Green parakeet, New Leaf, Cocoa Bean, Summer Sunrise, Hawaiian Shores
This sale starts today at noon and will run until Wednesday, August 5th at 12 noon EDT! 

I chose to make two cards again this week! I always begin by die cutting and stamping many pieces which means I end up with a lot to play with! I know I always say it, but if you're making one, you may as well make MORE than one! LOL!

I hadn't planned on using this particular panel on a horizontal card, but after I had torn the Hawaiian Shores cardstock (which I meant to do) I realized that it looked like the waves/tide rolling in! It worked so nicely with the theme of today's card that I just HAD to use it like this. I layered it onto a 4 by 5 1/4 inch panel of Kraft cardstock using a tape runner. The portion of the Kraft cardstock peeking out from the ripped portion worked perfectly for me to stamp the "Sweet Birthday Wishes" sentiment, which if from the Just Sentiments: Tagged stamp set. 

The "Hope your day feels like a day at the beach" sentiment is from the Beachy Keen stamp set and I just love it! I wish I was at the beach, don't you? I added some of the swirling cloud dies and the palm trees using foam squares. I also added some White Nuvo drops to the center of each of the palm trees for added detail.
My next card is similar, but this time, I did make the card vertical, like I had originally planned for the other card. I used to rip my cardstock a lot back in the old days, but I really do love the texture and detail it adds to a design, especially these beach-y ones!

This sentiment is heat embossed in gold onto vellum. I know I use this technique quite a bit, but it really does allow me to achieve an airy feel and add the sentiment directly in the middle of the card! It's a win/win situation in my opinion!

I added some Hawaiian Shores ink splatter on this card as well as the first card. I love the extra depth of color it adds to the blended panel as well as extra detail on the clouds.

I added a trio of sparkling clear sequins to both cards for some extra sparkle. These will probably both get a spritz of Shimmer Spray as well. I know I've mentioned it before, but I usually omit this step until after I have photographed the cards because it can cause visual distraction in photos, but in real life, it adds the best sparkle! I hope you take advantage of this week's Flash Sale and take advantage of this glorious summer week! Thanks for fluttering by!

6 comments:

Conniecrafter said...

These are both just gorgeous, fantastic scenes, makes me want to be there :)

jan metcalf said...

Fun cards! Like the way you tore the paper for the beach! And yes, I too feel summer slipping away here in August!

Stephanie Clapper said...

I don’t get that feeling quite as early living in Fl. but it still happens esp. when the days are shorter. In the meantime, I’m loving all things beachy. Your cards are summer perfection! 😎

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Connie!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thanks Jan! You're so sweet!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much!!!