Every once in awhile, I tend to need some cards that I haven't taken care of during a new release or design team assignment! ha ha! This is one of those times! At the beginning of the month, our church congregation changed buildings and the building we moved to hasn’t had a children's group in it for over ten years. The place needed a little bit of TLC, including some stairs for a pulpit so the children could speak into the microphone. One of the awesome men noticed the need and offered to build some much-needed stairs!
I bought a few of his favorite treats and wanted to include a card. I mentally perused my stamp/die stash and remembered the fabulous Dad Jokes: Nailed It Stamp Set from The Greetery! When this set was released, the design team signed up for which set we wanted to use; this one or the punn-y Dad Jokes: High Steaks stamp set. I chose the latter, which meant this was my first time using this fun set! It is the PERFECT choice for this thank you card!
To begin, I created a panel of blended ink using Weathered Wood, Frayed Burlap, and Hickory Smoke Distress Oxide inks. Once that was done, I die cut the panel using the Shiplap Builder Die. I set them aside and got to work on rest of the background. I cut a panel of Soft Stone cardstock and then stamped the Big Plans Background Stamp using Hickory Smoke ink. From there, I used one of the diagonal lines found in the background to line up the shiplap pieces. I glued them in place using liquid glue and then used my paper trimmer to cut the pieces that were hanging over the edge. I used those extra pieces to fill in the corners, and small sides.
Once that was done, I die cut the hammer, "nailed it" sentiment pieces, and the nails. I used my mini MISTI to stamp all the pieces using the same ink as the shiplap background with the exception of the detail image for the handle; that was stamped using Walnut Stain Distress Oxide ink. The "no.1" and "thanks for all your help" are stamped using Black Soot ink. I used foam squares to pop everything up on the background. I layered it onto a top folding A2 Kraft card base using foam squares. Thanks for fluttering by!