Sunday, April 8, 2018

Reverse Confetti April Blog Hop

It's the April Reverse Confetti Blog Hop and I'm so happy you're joining me today! I'm sharing  two coordinating projects for dads this month! I'm so excited to be ahead of the game! Sometimes the dads in our lives are super hard to buy for, so I'm showing a way to incorporate cold hard cash and also a gift card holder. The theme this month includes moms, dads, and grads, so make sure you head to the rest of the designer's blogs for lots of inspiration! These holidays/events have a tendency to sneak up on us, so getting things done early is a lifesaver!

Amy Kolling

Melissa Phillips

Tricia Barber

Kelly Lunceford (you are here)

Lisa Henke

Amy Rohl

Christiana Reuling

Laurie Schmidlin

Heather Hoffman

Amy Tsuruta

Kathy Schweinfurth

Olga Moss

Audrey Tokach

Deanne Kuntz

Emily Midgett

Jeanne Jachna

Susan Liles

I absolutely love the Tie-rific stamp set and I have used it a few times, including last year's Father's Day cards as well as a thank you for the Principal at my boys' school.  You can see my projects HERE and HERE. For this card, I took advantage of each of the Tie-rific Confetti Cuts and used them on the card front.  I really wanted to be able to tuck a little cash into the pocket so I used a double layer of foam squares.

You can see how it looks without the cash here. It works either way, depending on what you want to do. I also die cut the "dad" 4 times out of Mist cardstock and glued them all together. I also added some Wink of Stella over the top and then finished it with some Crystal Glaze for some shine. The tie is stamped using Abyss Ink for some added contrast. I used the Fun Times 6 by 6 paper pad, which I love...it is so versatile. I thought this diagonal stripe looked like a man's shirt. It paired nicely with the gray pattern underneath as well. I added some machine stitching around the perimeter of the gray piece for some detail. The "world's greatest" sentiment is heat embossed in gold powder.


The Tie-rific set has so many amazing sentiments, I just had to jazz up the inside of the card as well. I used the "Happy Father's Day" sentiment embossed in gold and then stamped the "daddy" portion in Abyss ink.
Gift cards are always a staple for Father' Day gift giving, so I created something a little different than I normally make. Usually I make something that hides the gift card, but for this project, I created a faux gift card that can be put in front of an actual gift card. It gave me another place to really use and maximize some of the additional sentiments.

When you pull it out, there is another greeting waiting for Dad! 

These would be easy to mass produce to make for Grandpa AND Dad! I hope that you found some inspiration today! Thanks for fluttering by!



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such cute cards kelly!

~amy~ said...

How clever and CUTE!

Amy Rohl said...

This is so fun! Definitely tucking away this idea!

Kim Klinkovsky.My Kraft Kloset said...

Love your colors, patterns, and designs. Thanks for the inspiration!

Iris said...

Super cute - love the pocket and the tie.

Ericka Strange said...

Great card and I love the pocket and tie. So perfect for Father's day!

Sue D said...

I like the striped shirt and polka dot tie.

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Adorably awesome projects Kelly!!!!!!!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Fabulous, Kelly!! Adore your color combo, too :)!

Unknown said...

Sweet!