What do you do when you have a masculine thank you card to make and there is an amazing SFYTT? Definitely go with it! LOL! I was planning on using this fabulous Tie-rific stamp set and coordinating Confetti Cuts, so it was perfect! Our fabulous and amazing Principal at my boys' school had to take a leave of absence and since I am the secretary for PTA, they asked if I could make him a thank you card. Actually, who am I kidding...they asked me because I make cards! Ha Ha!
For my card, I chose an old SU! pattern paper that looks like a man's shirt. I like that it is double sided so I was able to get contrast, but only use on piece. It happened to be my LAST piece of this particular pattern, so I couldn't make ANY mistakes! Guess what? I did! I'll fill you in on my crafty mistake erasing fixes throughout the post. LOL! I'm certainly not too proud to say I make mistakes!
To begin, I started assembling all of my "sketch pieces". That's what I love about sketches...you simply compile a list of things that need to go on the card and then work from there. I absolutely LOVED my time on the SFYTT team back in the day! Those are still some of my favorite cards! I created an A2 top folding card base using Kraft cardstock. I then cut the patter paper to adhere onto the base. The argyle piece was cut and then layered onto a mat of Kraft paper for some added interest and durability. It is the reverse side of the pattern paper. I also added some machine stitching for some extra tailored detail. You can see some Father's Day cards I made last year using a lot of the same elements HERE.
The pocket is die cut using the same pattern paper. Now here comes the first mistake...I didn't realize that I had some kind of blemish on the paper. I was COMPLETELY finished with the card when I noticed it and since it was the last sheet of paper, I didn't have a large enough piece left to make a new pocket. I had to die cut a strip and adhere it in the middle to hide the blemish. You can probably see the seam now, can't you? But I'm betting you most likely didn't notice it before...at least I hope you didn't! Ha ha!
The bow tie is die cut from a piece of blue cardstock using the Simple Gift Bow die cut. When I used it on THIS card, I couldn't help but think it looked like a bow tie! When I added it to the frond of the card, realized that I needed a little bit of foam tape underneath the left side. I added some, but it was hanging down so you could see it. When I tried to lift it up, I ripped the card! Ack! I had to use one of my coordinating Copic Markers to color in the paper to have it match! The sentiment is heat embossed using gold powder for some added warmth and shine. I also added some little buttons as per the sketch, but they look so perfect, I was glad for the addition!
Our school theme this year is "rock and roll" and our Principal has been a rock star, both figuratively and literally! He has done so many amazing things for our kids this year; slept on the roof of the school ALL NIGHT, dyed his hair,performed a lip sync in full Heavy Metal regalia for the students! He's been so much fun! So...I couldn't resist adding something fun and unexpected to the inside! I hope he likes it! Thanks for fluttering by!