Monday, April 23, 2018

Merry Monday #287 Sweet Holiday Wishes

Happy Monday, friends! I hope you all had a nice weekend and were able to enjoy some time with your loved ones! It's so gorgeous here, I just want to soak it all in! Spring is just heavenly, don't you think? 


Colleen has asked us to use this inspiration photo for our cards this week. I was inspired by the houses/buildings and snowflakes, as well as the colors. 



To begin, I die cut 3 of the sweet shoppes, signs and awnings using the Petite Places Sweet Shoppe Die. I stamped each of the die cut shoppes using Aqua MistPale Peony, and Pure Poppy. I alternated the colors on the awnings and doors as well to give it a good mix of colors. Once all of the pieces were ready, I cut a piece of Stamper's Select White cardstock to 5 by 3 3/4 inches. I added some score lines to separate the three sections of buildings. Once that was done, I was able to place the die cut shoppes.

It was easy to fill in other buildings to create the scene. Once the buildings were all in place, I got to work on the sentiment. I used the Sweet Holiday Wishes stamp set to stamp "Holiday Wishes" directly to the white piece using Smokey Shadow ink. I also added a few snowflake images from the same set to enhance the Christmas feeling, since this card is definitely not traditional!

I die cut the "sweet" portion using the coordinating Sweet Holiday Wishes Die Collection out of Pure Poppy Cardstock. I heat embossed the sentiment using some Nuvo embossing powder to give it a candy/sugary look. 

I added a few sequins as well. I love how cute the awnings look popping up on this card! I hope you get a chance to join us this week! Thanks for fluttering by!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute and so SWEET!! ♥

JoAnn said...

Adorable card Kelly. Love those "sweet shop" images and the way you did the awnings, so cute.

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Kelly! This is seriously adorable! Wouldn't it be wonderful if a "Sweet" street actually existed? I would want it to look just like your's. Beautiful work! :)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Wow Kelly, what an amazing sweet scene! Just love how you layered all the colorful buildings - great dimension!! Perfect with that jumbo Sweet sentiment!!

Colleen said...

You always amaze me! This card is outstanding! Wow, I am so impressed with all your details! Have a happy week! Heart Hugs, Colleen

Leanne said...

Great details, and of course the colors are wonderful. Love it! Cheers!

Linda said...

Kelly, this is just too adorable. Love the little town you have created. Hope you have a great week.

Debbie said...

Oh, Kelly you always put together such adorable creations. Love your color combo.

Jean said...

Wonderful colors, motif, and execution!

Marcia Hill said...

This card is truly a work of he(art) Kelly! I love all the little details and especially those striped 3D awnings!! The colors are amazing too. FABULOUS card my friend! Hope you are having a wonderful week!! :0)

Notes by Nina said...

Adorable card Kelly, I love the colours and you always have so many fun details.

Sharon Wheet said...

what a super clever and beautiful card! TFS. very inspirational!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Oh I just love this one Kelly! The little awnings = swoon!