Tuesday, April 17, 2018

SugarPea Designs Release Day 2 {My favorite place}

Welcome to day 2 of the SugarPea Designs release week! Today the team is showcasing some AMAZING new products that I am in LOVE with! 

I paired up the new Parisscape SugarCut with the incredibly cute Chic Wishes for a match made in heaven! I also used the Diagonal Striped Coverplate which was released earlier, but I never actually used it until now! I've used it on another sample coming up in the next few days, but in an unexpected way, so stay tuned! 

For my design, I decided to use the Parisscape in a somewhat unexpected way as well. It is meant to be used as a skyline, but I thought it would look cool to create a layered, dimensional, shadow effect and I LOVE the results! It turned out exactly as I was envisioning it!

I chose black, a medium gray, and a light gray to create the depth and shadow. Each piece is separated by a layer of foam squares. The best part? It layers PERFECTLY inside the Postage Stamp SugarCut that was shared yesterday! I love it when things like that work out! I added a generous spritz of Shimmer Spray to let the City of Lights really shine!

I blended some Peacock Feathers Distress Ink onto the Postage Stamp piece creating an Ombre effect. I also stamped the stars that are included in the Chic Wishes set at full strength. The sentiment is stamped in black.


I die cut the Diagonal Stripe Coverplate out of gray paper and adhered it to an A2 white card base and then layered the postage stamp die cut onto that.


I added a few sequins around the Eiffel tower for some added sparkle. You can really see the shine of the Shimmer Spray in this photo. 


Thanks for fluttering by! Join us tomorrow for Day 3 of the festivities!

28 comments:

~amy~ said...

Super Gorgeous Kelly!

Shanna said...

I love all of the new ideas!

Andrea Hastilow said...

That's a fabulous card, love your use of layering x

Michele Baird said...

Simply lovely!

Michele Baird said...

OH MY this so far makes me really want those dies! I absolutely love the 3d effect you have created.

Robin P said...

This a wonderful card. I just love how you layered the cityscape die.

Karthikha said...

Wonderful creation!! :)

Makira said...

Perfection achieved! The layering of the black to light grey is awesome!

Viki Banaszak said...

Amazeballs!!! I love the layers you used. They look great.

Patti H. said...

LOVE this gorgeous creation! Great colors for all those wonderful layers & a fabulous design!

Arianna Barbara said...

Wow! Your card is totally amazing! Stunning background!!!

wannabcre8tive said...

Your card is stunning. I love everything about it. You gals are making me want to buy everything in the release. :)

Mary-Anne V said...

Love how you stacked tge dies to create depth.

sharon g said...

What a great idea to triple up the buildings. You are so smart and crafty...

Kelsey Thomas said...

Very pretty card!

Kim Klinkovsky.My Kraft Kloset said...

Just amazing and very creative. Love it!

Jean said...

I am in love with this.

Anonymous said...

I love love love the layering you did! Nice work, great card.

Larisa Hohman said...

love the layering on this!~ Fabulous

Lagene said...

Awesome creation, I especially love multi layers of your cityscape, loving the new products!

Cynthia Cole said...

Wow, love all the dimension with multiple die cuts!

Stacey Kowbel said...

Fantastic card! Love the dimension and the sky as the only colour!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! I love the layering.

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

What a gorgeous card !! I love the contrast between the colors.
[margessw(at)icloud(dot)com]

Amy M. said...

LOVE your card!!! Everything about it is making me swoon - the colors, the layering, the postage background <3

MadeByMeghanK said...

This one is my favorite!! Love the layering!

Sue Smith said...

Oh My Gosh Kelly !! Your card is out of this world. I love all the different layers, the color choices and everything about your card. TFS

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is beautiful, I love how clever you used the layers! Thanks for sharing.