Monday, April 2, 2018

Merry Monday #284 {Season's Greetings}

I hope you all had a fabulous Easter! It is one of my favorite holidays!  Today, for the Merry Monday Christmas Challenge, Marcia has challenged us to create a Christmas card using Red and White! I love this crisp color combination! I hope you'll join us!



To begin, I rummaged through my stamps trying to find something that I haven't used in a while, but could fit in the red and white parameters. I was thrilled to remember this cute Pom Pom Pals stamp set that I've only used once. You can see the project I made with it HERE. The snowman image was really the only one that would work in red and white, and I did have to cheat a smidgen by adding an orange nose and a bit of blue to give him a bit of depth. I stamped the image using Palette Black ink and then colored the image using Copic markers. I die cut the circle using a Nestabilities die and then I used the Scene It: scalloped base to die cut a red piece. These two are adhered together using foam squares.


I found an old piece of SU! striped paper and trimmed it to the appropriate width to fit through the slots on the scalloped piece. The white background is dry embossed using an old Cuttlebug snowflake embossing folder. I also added some white Nuvo drops to some of the raised dots for even more dimension. The sentiment is heat embossed in white and then added using a double layer of foam squares. I found the snowflake in my stash and added it with a button in the center. I also added a few buttons to the ear muffs. The entire focal piece is added to an A2 red card base for some definition. Thanks for fluttering by!

11 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling snowman, Kelly! Just love his button earmuffs and all the layers!!

Notes by Nina said...

Adorable card Kelly, you always have so many fun details on your cards. Have a wonderful week.

Colleen said...

That pop pom snowman is so darn cute surrounded by all the red and white you have layered around him! Love love your card!!

Kim Heggins said...

This is just too darn cute! Love your sweet snowman and those earmuffs are so much fun!

Anonymous said...

Cute card and I love the clean look. The colors are great.

Linda said...

What a fun card, Kelly. Sweet snowman and love all the layers. Hope you have a great week.

Leanne said...

Beautiful card, love the snowman and that embossing is amazing on here.
Way to go! Cheers, L:)

Marcia Hill said...

Cute, CUTE card Kelly!! I know I probably say that every week, but gosh, every one of your cards are always so dang CUTE!! You truly are the Queen of detail and I'm loving it all...the buttons on his ear muffs and snowflake, the striped DSP that fits perfectly into the die cut circle, the embossed snowflake background, and of course the snowman that steals the show!! Adorable card my friend!! Hope you're having a wonderful week!! :0)

Julia Aston said...

What a great design on this! love all the layers and that wonderful snowflake!

Karen L K said...

So cute! Lot's of nice details like the buttons for ear muffs and the embossed strips of white.

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

A-friggin-dorable!!