Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Mix it Up Challenge #42 {There's no otter like you!}

I'm so excited for this month's SugarPea Designs Mix it Up challenge! I had so much fun creating my card for the challenge! It's bright, colorful and leaves a lot of room to put your own spin on things! I hope you'll join us! You can check it out HERE!


For my card, I decided to embrace the circles of the paint cans and knew that Distress Oxide inks would be the perfect ink for my design. To begin, I simply blended small areas of different colors of ink that are represented in the photo. I decided which size circles I would be using and just made sure to put down enough color. I used Cracked Pistachio, Broken China, Peacock Feathers, Abandoned Coral, Wild Honey and Tattered Rose. I also made a larger area of Wild Honey for the circle portion in the bottom left corner, as per the sketch. I also blended a strip of Abandoned Coral for the sentiment. I spritzed a little water and shimmer spray over the top and then cut them out.

I stamped the two otter images from the Otterly Adorable stamp set and colored them using Copic markers. I die cut them using the coordinating Otterly Adorable SugarCuts. I added them to the circles using foam squares.

Once they were all colored, I brushed on some Wink of Stella and then I added a layer of Nuvo Crystal Glaze over the top of the otter images to make them look wet and shiny. 

I used a piece of Spots and Stripes Pastel pattern paper for the background to bring in some additional dots and color. This was such a fun card to make and I am addicted to these little otters if you can't tell! Thanks for fluttering by!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't have children so I don't do many critters but you sure do make them look so cute Kelly!

Karen Dunbrook said...

so cute....smiling.
Karen

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you! I just adore coloring them! They are so fun to work with!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you! They make me smile, too!