Monday, April 16, 2018

SFYTT #59 {You brighten my world!}

Hello friends! Today I am sharing my card using this month's SFYTT, which is the VERY LAST ONE!! Jen is going to be bringing something new and fabulous to the table, so if you want to participate, now is your chance! Sketch challenges really stretch me as a designer and get my mind working in different ways, which is always good!
 
To begin, I got to work cutting some of the fabulous patterns from the Fun Times pattern paper pad. I have used this so much I am running out! Ack! In fact, I had the card almost complete when I realized that I had pieced the front panel incorrectly. I had used my last piece of one of my favorite patterns. so I couldn't use it! Oh well...there are lots of other fun prints, so I used the green instead, which looks great since they all coordinate! 


I did some machine stitching down the two sides of the pattern paper panel. I actually added these pieces to a panel of white cardstock for durability since I added it to the white A2 card base using foam squares. I used the Tie-rific Confetti Cuts as the focal point for the card. I knew that I would be using the My Sunshine stamp set and the coordinating My Sunshine Confetti Cuts. It reminded me of one of my school books from Elementary school called "Pocket full of Sunshine"! LOL! That became the theme of my card!

I also used a few of the Tall Blooms to tuck inside the pocket for some added color and interest.


I did some gold heat embossing on the rays of the sun, so I added a few gold nuvo drops here and there for some added detail and shine.

I hope you'll get a chance to play along with this final SFYTT! Thanks for fluttering by!

3 comments:

nancy dempsey said...

So pretty! And I love the colors you chose.

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you, Nancy!!

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

That’s a beautiful, very spring-y card !
[margessw(at)icloud(dot)com]