Sunday, June 4, 2017

You're my Hero, Dad!

I'm feeling like a rockstar...I have Father's Day cards made and it's only the the 4th of June! I ordered the Tie-rific stamp set from Reverse Confetti a week or so ago and I was itching to get it inky. I love all of the sentiments that are included. I also used the Tie-rific confetti cuts to create the pockets, ties and dad sentiment.

I made three simple designs-I feel Father's Day cards don't require a lot of fuss. You can see the third design further down. I've been pinning a lot of fun Father's Day gift ideas on Pinterest. I always have such a fun time with my kids getting everything ready for Father's Day.
The pocket die cut was the perfect excuse to make a shirt inspired card. It is just begging to be used like this, don't you think? I found a sheet of pattern paper that looked like a man's oxford style shirt and I got to work. I made sure to line the die cut portion up exactly as it would lie on the base piece. I always like a good tailored shirt...a paper shirt is no exception! LOL! I also cut a strip of paper so that I could run it through my sewing machine to mimic the button placard. 
You can see the machine stitching a little bit better here. I used foam squares to pop it up to give it a bit of dimension. The real trick was finding four buttons that looked almost identical. I decided to go with a blue button for some added color. 
I die cut the "dad" sentiment 5 times out of card stock and then glued them together for a sturdy piece. I so wanted to add glossy accents, but knew it would look better this way, so I resisted! Ha Ha! The "You're my Hero" sentiment was heat embossed in gold for some shine and detail. This is such a simple, and easy design, but makes a big impact, I think. 
This is the second design I made, equally simple, with the same tailored details. This one ended up looking more like a cuff of a sleeve, I thought.
The three ties were die cut and stamped in coordinating ink. The dad sentiment was created in the same way as in the previous card. I added a strip of gold striped washi tape to the top panel for some added shine.
I decorated the inside of each card to add some extra details since the fronts are so clean and simple. The pocket on the inside of the blue card is popped up enough that a crisp bill of money could be folded and added for some extra fun!
The 3rd design brings in the elements of the first two. I popped the pocket up on this one as well so that I could add some money.
I kept the sentiment the same on the front and the inside for continuity. 

You can see the stitching and gold details here. These cards were super fun to make! Thanks for fluttering by!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Kelly! This is adorable! I love it! My dad's birthday is in next ten days. I'll start working on this right away. Tie-rific is awesome! :D