Wednesday, April 18, 2018

SugarPea Designs Release Day 3 {Fabulous and always in style}

It's Day 3 of the Sugar Pea Designs release week and today the team is sharing even more fun new products! 


I couldn't resist pairing up the Simply Fabulous stamp set and coordinating Fabulous Sugar Cut with the Londonscape Sugar Cut that we shared yesterday. I think it looks so amazing die cut out of glitter cardstock.

To begin, I got to work blending a panel of cardstock using a few Distress Oxide inks. After I was done, I used the Postage Stamp SugarCut because it is amazing and I just can't seem to get enough of it! Die cutting your piece after you blend it works well if you don't like getting any harsh lines on the edges.


I die cut the "fabulous" word using the new Fabulous SugarCut four times. I glued them together using liquid glue. Once that was done, I added some Versamarker to the tips of the letters and embossed them with gold powder. I used this technique a lot with the last release and I can't seem to stop! LOL!

The "and always in style" comes from the new Simply Fabulous stamp set that coordinates with the die. There are so many fabulous (LOL!) phrase combinations you will find yourself reaching for it again and again.
Up next is the Reading Friends stamp set. I chose to combine this larger image with a few different die cuts to give it some extra detail and interest. I also thought the heart from the Postage Stamp SugarCut would look great for some spotlight stamping. It also works so well with the sentiment at the top. I realize it is a little hard to read in these pictures, but it says: True Friends are never apart, maybe in distance, but never in heart.

To begin, I stamped the image using black ink and then I die cut it using the Card Front Element Builder Sugar Cuts. If you don't have these, I definitely suggest getting them...I use them all the time! After that was done, I colored the image and then I was able to die cut the heart in the middle of these two friends. I just used foam squares to pop it up.

The sentiments are heat embossed in gold onto green paper. Everything is layered up onto a white A2 card base with a bit of Striped pattern paper

I hope you've enjoyed today's sneak peeks!

Thanks for fluttering by!

22 comments:

~amy~ said...

So wonderful Kelly!

Michele Baird said...

putting on the glitz~ I love it!

Sue D said...

Fabulous London scene--love the sparkle. Cute reading friends card--I like the popped up heart.

Anonymous said...

I loe the scene from London. Glitter is always perfect! Great cards Kelly.

Andrea Hastilow said...

Great combination of release products for the skyline fabulous card and brilliant colour used in the sitting friends x

Karthikha said...

Superb cards! I love the cityscape one a lot!

Larisa Hohman said...

beautiful card. the glitter is gorgeous!!! And such a sweet little scene with the girls!

sharon g said...

I just love the friends reading. The little scene is just adorable. Nice coloring.

Debbie Rumpza said...

Both cards are fab! Love the golden cityscape!

Lagene said...

Awesome creations, I especially love the sparkly cityscape, loving the new products!

Robin P said...

Two wonderful cards today. Thanks for sharing.

Jean said...

Great cards

Unknown said...

Absolutely love the Londonscape in glitter. So pretty.

Mary-Anne V said...

Wow that landscape against the pretty inked sky...stunning!

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

These are two very different cards but equally great !
[margessw(at)icloud(dot)com]

C. Sage Deerborn said...

The glitz looks great with the ombre blend. Never would have thought to mix the two. Cute ways to use a heart.

Arianna Barbara said...

Wow! Both your cards are beautiful! The London scene is totally fabulous and the background is simply stunning!!!

Stacey Kowbel said...

Fabulous cards! I love the glitter cityscape!

Amy M. said...

Love the glitter London scape over that peachy background! It's fabulous <3

MadeByMeghanK said...

I LOVE HOW SPARKLY the FABULOUS IS!!!

Andre M. said...

Your first card has an amazing colour palette! Love that mix of colours. Your work is fab.

Sue Smith said...

WOW Kelly !! Your first card is out of this world. Bright, sparkly and beautiful. The 2nd card is so sweet how you stamped the girls twice and had the top layer a heart. Love it :)