Wednesday, October 9, 2019

SugarPea Designs Mix it Up #60 {Warmest Wishes}

It's my turn to use this month's SugarPea Designs Mix it Up Challenge and boy is it a fun one! It is just perfect for this time of year, even if you are like me and in denial that it is actually fall! LOL! As much as I've been talking about decorating for fall, I still haven't! Ugh! It is SO not like me! Anyway, I've been dying to use more of the Pocket Tag Christmas Characters so I incorporated the cute Reindeer into the challenge!


I used the colors and the pie as my inspiration; I couldn't use the sketch challenge since I made these cute tag/gift card holders.



To begin these tag/gift card holders, I die cut 3 of the Floral Pocket Tag out of Kraft cardsock. I added some Vintage Photo Distress Ink around the edges to give some definition.  I also die cut the rest of the reindeer pieces, but I made the nose black, rather than red, like the product photos show. I also added a scarf, which is not part of the reindeer, but I felt like the design needed it for color and balance.

I used liquid glue and Tombow Adhesive to put these together. The eyes have a clear coat of Crystal Glaze for realism and shine.

I used the Cutie Pie SugarCuts to create the pies for the reindeer tags. I used my Color Spritzing Took to give the whipped cream the cinnamon sprinkled look of the inspiration photo.

The sentiment is stamped in black using the Everyday Sentiments stamp set and then die cut using the Sentiment Strips SugarCuts. I added these directly underneath the pie using foam squares.These were so much fun to make! I hope you get a chance to join us this month! I hope to see your creation in the gallery! Thanks for fluttering by!

No comments: