Saturday, October 5, 2019

Saturday Showcase {Ghosts and Ghoulies}

It's been a whirlwind week of Christmas, Christmas, and more Christmas! LOL! Today, we've returned to our regularly scheduled season and I'm sharing some fun Halloween  treats for today's Ink To Paper Saturday showcase using the Ghosts and Ghoulies stamp set!

I couldn't resist adding some orange bows to the top of the ghosts to make them perfect to give to a few "ghoul" friends! Is that cheesy enough for you? LOL! I couldn't stop myself!

To begin these treat boxes, I used the Favor It Box 8 die collection to die cut the orange pieces. This die is on sale for only $8! I can't believe it! Once the pieces were all cut, I assembled them using ScorTape for security. I also added some Halloween Prints pattern paper around the box using ScorTape as well. This paper is on sale for $2! Wowza! I have been buying up loads of the discounted paper because it is perfect for projects like this!

Each ghost is stamped in black ink and then I stamped the bows in Orange Zest and used the coordinating Ghost and Ghoulies die collection to die cut them out. The bows are attached to the ghosts using a small piece of foam squares for dimension.

I used the Boo sentiment from the To Die For Sentiments: Halloween collection for the greeting on two of the treat boxes. It is adhered to a black banner that I created using theBanner Builder: Basic Die using foam squares.

Once that was done, I added the ghosts using foam squares as well. The middle ghost has a fun sentiment banner attached to her tummy that is from the Halloween Fillings stamp set. I omitted the "check box" that is included in that set by simply placing a post it note over it while I inked it up. I removed it to sprinkle on the embossing powder.

I used the smaller version of one of the ghosts so that it could be popped up right onto the Boo sentiment for some fun! The ends are tied with True Black Baker's Twine; I tied up one end and then filled them up with candy and then tied the 2nd side shut. I can't wait to "gift" these to my friends! Thanks for fluttering by!

2 comments:

blaze said...

Another ADORABLE gift package. You have been one BUSY gal!! Love it all!

Glenda said...

These are so cute! I love them. You're work is absolutely exceptional!