Thursday, October 10, 2019

Inspired By...Gather {Thankful for all that you do}

Hello and welcome to this week's Inspired By Challenge! I've created something a little bit different than I normally do, but I love how it turned out; bright and bold! You can see the inspiration photo below and you'll be able to see how I ended up with this design!

I was inspired by, well, just about everything! LOL! The bricks, the Kraft colored leaves, the bold black and white patterns, the banner and the bold word! I knew immediately what stamps I wanted to use for this design! It's funny; if I have the "perfect" stamp(s) for a particular Inspired By Challenge,I tend to make something quite literal, but if I don't, I seem to look a little deeper into the photo to pick out smaller details that might be overlooked! I think it's pretty obvious which category this one fits into! ha ha!

To begin this bright design, I stamped the Rustic Brick Background using Weathervane Ink. I chose this ink because the shadows that the bricks cast in the photo look grey. I used my MISTI so that I could get a nice crisp impression.

I die cut the banner using the Garden Party die and then stamped all of the fun patterns using the images from the Garden Party Stamp Set

These leaves have been some of my favorites of the season; I have used them so much and they were perfect for today's design. I die cut them out using the Lovely Leaves Die collection; this particular leaf is a solid die so it is necessary to die cut it first. Once that was done, I used the Lovely Leaves Stamp Set to ink them up. The stems and veins are stamped in black and then I used a combination of Fine Linen Ink and Honey Nut ink blended around the edges for dimension.

I was thrilled to find that I had the "thankful" sentiment already to go; it was leftover from another project and is the perfect choice for this card. I die cut the word using the Thankful Thoughts die collection and then stamped the sentiment from the Thankful Thoughts stamp set using Versamark ink. I heat embossed it using white powder.

The "FOR ALL YOU DO" sentiment is also heat embossed and is from the same set. Once I had all of these elements done, it was time to get the card put together!

 
The brick panel is adhered to an A2 top folding cardbase using foam squares. I added the "for all that you do" sentiment using Tombow adhesive. I layered the "thankful" word using foam squares at an angle slightly overlapping the black sentiment strip. The banner is also added using foam squares and then it was time to add the leaves. A few sparkling rhinestones finish off this modern fall design! I hope you'll join us this week! Thanks for fluttering by!

4 comments:

jan metcalf said...

Love the color combo, fabulous card!

Nancy said...

This is incredible! What a great job with the inspiration photo!!!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much! It was sure fun to make!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you, Jan!