Friday, October 11, 2019

Ink to Paper October Release Countdown Day 1

Hello and welcome! Today is day 1 of the Ink to Paper October release Countdown! I'm sharing a fun holiday card using some of my favorites from the release! Day 1 is chock full of new favorites in the "It's A Sign" series! My card uses the It's a Sign: Christmas Bough, It's a Sign: Holiday Sentiments, and the new stitched layers! There are so many fun options with all of the new sets; the sky is the limit! 

To begin this design, I die cut the square for the sign and then stamped it in Cocoa Bean. I also cut a black square to fit inside the frame since I was going for a chalkboard type look. The sentiment is heat embossed in white and then die cut using the new stitched layers die collection. I love the detail it adds! I also die cut and stamped the "hanging" portion and glued it to the back of the frame using liquid glue.

I die cut all of the greenery and berries from the It's a Sign: Christmas Bough and then used my mini MISTI to stamp them all assembly line style! I set those aside and got to work on the Pure Poppy and Aqua Mist cardstock panels.

The new It's a Sign: Holiday Sentiments set has some FABULOUS snowflake images, so I used those on the Aqua panel; they're a little hard to see in the bright photos, but in real life, they add just that extra amount of detail and depth that I'm always searching for.

I also used a paintbrush and white acrylic paint to add the white paint splatter that I love using this time of year! It adds an organic feeling of snow that is hard to replicate in any other way.

The red and Aqua layers are adhered together using foam squares, but before I did that, I added a black brad to be used as the "nail" so to speak, that the sign is hanging from. I layered all of this onto a top folding A2 card base using additional foam squares.

Once the frame was layered onto the card, I got to work arranging the clusters of greenery and berries. This is probably my favorite part! I stamped so many of each thing that I knew I could just tuck things here and there until I got the look I was going for! I still have a lot left over so you'll be seeing them pop up over the next few days on more projects! ha ha!

I used a 2 way glue pen here and there on the foliage and then sprinkled Martha Stewart Crafts Tinsel Glitter over the top for that icy like sparkle that is perfect for holiday cards! I also added a few small sparkling clear sequins here and there for additional detail and shine! I had so much fun working on this card! Join me again tomorrow for Day 2 of the countdown! Thanks for fluttering by!

1 comment:

Linda C said...

The sign is so versatile. Love it.