Thursday, October 24, 2019

Inspired By...table runner {Halloween Wishes}

Hello friends! It's been a while since I've popped in, but I've been enjoying a much needed break. We headed to San Diego for the kids' Fall Break which was lovely and relaxing and we all had so much fun! I'm back today sharing a trio of projects using the new Inspired By Challenge. This will most likely be the last of my Halloween crafting for the year, which is always sad. On a happier note, I FINALLY got my house all decorated, which my kids just love and me too, if I'm being perfectly honest! 

This week's inspiration piece is a fun table runner which uses an assortment of Halloween prints which I used as the jumping point for my projects. I was particularly inspired by the spider webs, the bats, colors, and stripes.

My first project uses the Favor It Box 8 die collection, which I used on another Halloween project this year that you can see HERE. I wanted to create a few more, but using some of my all-time favorite Halloween stamps. I also included some Martha Stewart Crafts 3D stickers to bring in some additional detail.

I used the Halloween Prints pattern paper which reminds me of some of the fabrics in the photo. I wrapped it around the box using ScorTape for security. The circle stamp is from the Spooky Sweets II stamp set as well as the "halloween wishes" and "open if you dare" sentiments. The stamp set has a coordinating Spooky Sweets Die Collection that makes using the coordinating images so much easier.

These are filled with an assortment of miniature Halloween candies and then tied off with some True Black Baker's Twine, which adds just the right amount of texture and detail without overwhelming the presentation.

I LOVE these glittery 3D stickers that are from Martha Stewart Crafts. My cute sister bought some for me years ago, and when I was running dangerously low, she bought me two more sheets! The designs include spiders, bats, cats, skulls, and more!

Next up is a fun treat bag using many of the same elements. Confession time: I actually made three of these in different colors and patterns, but the photos looked awful of the other two, so I'm only showing this one! I took color cues and patterns from the table runner for each of the three bags.

Each bag uses two of the Front and Center #2 die, which happens to be on sale for $10! I used a regular brown paper lunch bag in between the two to hold the tricks and treats that will be going inside! I was thrilled to use some of the Jack-O-Lantern jingle bells that my sister got me last year as well! I was hoarding them, but they're just too cute not to use!

My last project uses the inspiration of the bats once again, but this time for some quick pillow boxes to hold some gift cards. I used pattern paper from the Hocus Pocus Pattern Paper Collection and a piece from Hobby Lobby to quickly die cut these using the Essentials Pillow Box Die, which is back in stock! The bat image is heat embossed using Silver powder. This image is from one of my favorite stamp sets from the old Waltzing Mouse company! I sure miss her beautiful images! 
This wraps up my projects for today! I hope you're all enjoying this fun time of year! I still haven't used another one of my favorite sets, so don't be surprised if I pop back in with just one more Halloween post! LOL! Thanks for fluttering by!

4 comments:

Cindy Otto said...

Such cute treat boxes! You always hit it out of the ball park! Thanks for sharing!

LeAnne said...

Holy guacamole, these are ALL amazing! I miss Waltzingmouse too, her images were right up my alley! I love the papers and elements you used on EVERYTHING!

Vicki Finger said...

Gosh!! So cute and I had to go purchase that Favor It Die while it was such a great price.

blaze said...

All of your creations are FABULOUS!!!