Sunday, October 13, 2019

Spellbinders October Large and Small Die of the Month

Have you seen this month's Spellbinders Large and Small dies of the month? They are so much fun; I'm sharing both today on two seasonal cards that are sure to get you in the holiday spirit!

First up are two card using the Large Die of the Month called Fall Flora! This is such a beautiful collection of dies I know I will be using it year after year! 

To begin these two designs, I die cut the pumpkins and added some ink blending around the bottom for some detail, shadow, and dimension. I set those aside and die cut the "thanks" word that is included in the set out of gold specialty paper.

I love the little label that the pumpkin is adhered to; you can use it as a solid piece OR add the pierced detail/frame like I did on today's cards. I layered all of that onto a piece of Kraft cardstock that is die cut using the Nestabilities dies.

I love that the flower dies come separately so that you can die cut them from different colors of cardstock. I layered them onto the green vines using a 2 way glue pen.

The gingham pattern paper pairs nicely with this earthy autumn design!

Next up is the Small Die of The Month called Home for the Holidays and is just as sweet as can be! I'm so in love with this cute vintage gal bearing her perfectly wrapped gift! I kept these two cards VERY  clean and simple because I didn't want anything to distract from these cuties!

I was thrilled to discover that the vintage wrapping paper prints that my sister gave me were the perfect thing for these two vintage dresses!

I die cut all of the pieces and then got to work assembling these little ladies! The sentiment, which fits perfectly with the vintage vibe, is stamped at the top and then the die cuts are added using foam squares.

I had so much fun working on these seasonal cards! Thanks for fluttering by!

2 comments:

Conniecrafter said...

Oh wow that wreath is just gorgeous, love how it frames the pumpkin with the sentiment!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you, Connie! You're so sweet!