Friday, October 4, 2019

Ink to Paper Design Team Tips {Tag Kit for Gift Giving}

Hello and welcome to this week's Ink to Paper Design Team Tips! I've got a bit of an unexpected project to share with you, but something that was so fun to put together and I can't wait to share it with you! As papercrafters we normally give or send a finished card or project, but for today, I am sharing a Tag Kit for Gift Giving! Many of us probably have crafty friends that would love to get something like this or maybe a friend that is new to this craft or has maybe shown interest. There is always something exhilarating about creating, and it can be especially thrilling for someone who is just getting started.

This simple kit contains 8 tags in assorted sizes and colors. I die cut them using the Tagged and Labeled die collection. I kept the tag design very simple, but festive enough to dress up any holiday package! The box I created is one of my go-to designs and I have shared it quite a bit. You can read how to make it in THIS post. You'll need to scroll down a bit, but the instructions are there, I promise!
 
I created a simple divider by scoring Raspberry Fizz cardstock to make three "wells" to place the die cuts, tags, twine, and embellishments. 

I used the Just Sentiments: Be Merry stamp set to stamp an assortment of sentiments and then I used a circle punch to cut them out. I also added some buttons and sequins into the kit so that they could dress up the tags!

I die cut the snowflakes in coordinating colors using the Splendid Snowflakes Dies. I also cut eight lengths of True Black Baker's Twine and gathered it up to place in the box.

Everything fits so nicely inside. Because the box is so deep, you could add a handmade card or even additional supplies if you are so inclined!

I kept the outside of the box simple, but festive and added a tag so the recipient could have an idea how to use the supplies. I die cut an oval using the Geometrix Oval die and added that to the box top using liquid glue. I also added two pink snowflake borders that were die cut using the On The Border: Splendid Snowflakes Border Die and glued them over the oval. I tied it up with some black gingham ribbon and added some sequins!

I finished it off with a tag, of course! I had a lot of fun putting this kit together! Now I just have to decide who to give it to! Ha ha! Thanks for fluttering by!

12 comments:

Cindy Otto said...

What a darling idea! I love this and plan to make some kits for my neighbors. Maybe I’ll get them hooked on stamping! This craft is so therapeutic for any age! Thank you so much for your genius idea!

Nancy Thomas said...

Such a sweet idea and very cleverly done!

Vicki Finger said...

Just beautiful as always!

Connie said...

Great idea and love the colors you choose.

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much! You're always so sweet!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thanks so much, Vicki!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you, Nanc ! I appreciate you stopping by and leaving your sweet comment!

Kelly Lunceford said...

That was supposed to say Nancy!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Kelly Lunceford said...

You're a clever gal! πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰ thank you so much!

Christine said...

What a fun and thoughtful gift, and even the box is a treasure!!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Christine!

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Kelly! I wanted to thank you again for the wonderful week of inspiration! You make so many beautiful projects like this kit box! I’m very appreciative and grateful for all the help you give, inspiration to spur our imagination and creativity and your kindness. You’re a special lady! Have a nice weekend! 😊