Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Halloween Wishes

You probably all knew I was lying when I said that the Halloween projects I posted recently were my last for the season! LOL! I am notorious for creating projects all the way up to whatever holiday or occasion is coming up, and this case, Halloween! I've been slowly but surely getting things ready for the teachers and secretaries at my boys' school and these were so fun to make!

I can't seem to stop making the Taylored Expressions Designer Dangles! I bought quite a bit of new faux leather during the summer and it's been waiting for me to put it to use. You might remember THIS post where I put a small dent in it,but this smaller gingham check was calling my name! I knew it would make some great earrings that would present well for Halloween, but get year round use!

I chose some gold flecked corkblack and white striped, and some black textured leather to add in as well. 
My go-to stamp set this year has been the classic Spooky Sweets II stamp set, which seems to make its appearance EVERY  year! ha ha! I couldn't resist making these earring tags a little more playful by adding this vintage witch image from a Tim Holtz cling rubber stamp set that my cute sister gave me!

I thought it would be super fun to have these witches be sporting these cute earrings made with the Designer Dangles-The Bigger the Better mixed media dies. I found some boxes at the Dollar Tree that look like Halloween spell books and such that were the perfect size to put these in! The book boxes are perfect for teachers, too, I think!

I also needed a few tags to package these goodies up! I've become a lazy mom and I like to just send my kids into the school with the teachers' gifts, so I bought some HUGE cellophane bags from Amazon so that I can put the gifts inside and just tie them up with pretty ribbons and tags. It's much less fuss for my kids and I know things won't get lost or damaged before it arrives in the classroom.

To begin these tags, I die cut 5 of the Basic Bookmark Die 3 out of True Black cardstock and then heat embossed the sentiment in silver using the Spooky Sweets II stamp set at the bottom. I set those aside and got to work on the rest of the design elements. I die cut the witch using the Spooky Sweets II die collection and then used my mini MISTI to stamp them all. The "halloween wishes" sentiment is stamped in black onto a strip of Canyon Clay cardstock. I used foam squares to pop everything up for some fun dimension! I had so much fun working on these! Thanks for fluttering by!


2 comments:

Cindy Otto said...

These are just darling! I have that black and white check and the cork! Now, to make a few sets before Halloween! Love the tags and card backings. You are so clever. Thanks for sharing. Happy Halloween.

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you, Cindy! I hope you get a chance! They're so fun!