Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Thank you fairy much!

I fell in love with this adorable Fairy Garden stamp set from Hello Bluebird when it was first released and my sweet mom bought it for me for my birthday! I've been dying to use it and I finally got a chance!

I just love anything Hello Bluebird, but these fairies are some of my favorites! I stamped all of the images that I planned on using and got to work coloring them! I decided to go for a Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather feel with each of them having their own signature color. I didn't use blue, though, since I had decided to make the background blue.

There's something very therapeutic about sitting down to color when there are no time constraints! Once everything was colored, I die cut them using the coordinating Hello Bluebird die set. I set them aside and got to work on the background.

I wanted to create a dusky background so I blended some Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide ink and Faded Jeans Distress Oxide ink onto a panel of white cardstock measuring 4 by 5 1/4 inches. I had originally planned on adding a light coat of Shimmer Spray and then some white paint splatter, but this particular bottle of spray made little sparkle spots everywhere, so I just went with that! It actually created a magical sparkly background that worked out perfectly anyway!

I arranged the flowers and fairies and then decided on the placement of the sentiment. I moved the die cut pieces off of the panel since I hadn't glued them down yet and stamped the sentiment in black using my mini MISTI. I added the die cuts using foam squares for dimension as well as a few sparkling clear rhinestones! I added it to a standard A2 cardbase using foam squares. This was another card that I was able to make "just because" and it was so much fun! I can't wait to use these sweet fairies again! Thanks for fluttering by!

2 comments:

Conniecrafter said...

so adorable!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Connie! You're so sweet!