Monday, August 12, 2019

Ink to Paper Countdown Day 3

Welcome to day 3 of the Ink to Paper August release Countdown! There's some fun new products being showcased today that you're sure to love! As you can see, I decided to switch gears BACK to summer today since it still IS summer (and feels like summer) LOL! However, I can't wait to use both of the new stamp sets being showcased today in some fall colors soon!

First up is a fun new set called "It's a Sign: Love and Kindness. I really love the It's a Sign: Beautiful stamp set, so I was happy to see a second one in the series. The wood grain look of the sign made me think of a summer tiki hut or something so I decided to go for a tropical look.
I ended up making two cards because I was having so much fun stamping everything. I used the previously released Beachy Keen stamp set for the palm trees. To begin, I used the Woodgrain Impression Plate on Pale Peony cardstock; one vertical and one horizontal. I layered those onto white card bases using foam squares for dimension.

I added some panels of Pale Peony Bitty Big cardstock for some fun pattern. This set the stage for me to begin adding on the stamped elements. I added some sequins to the centers of some of the flowers and some white Nuvo drops to the centers of the palm tree fronds. 

Next up is a fun new set called Birdie and a coordinating sentiment set called "Sweet Tweets". To begin, I sponged some ink onto the edges of a panel of Linen cardstock. I really like using the linen cardstock paired with ink blending because it really brings out the texture of the paper.

Once that was done, I used my mini MISTI to stamp the sentiment directly in the middle of the card. I had already decided how my branches would be placed, so I didn't have to take that leap of faith hoping it would all turn out! LOL!

I die cut the branches and then stamped them using Cocoa Bean ink. I added them to the blended panel using foam squares. From there, I was able to stamp the leaf clusters here and there until I got the coverage that I wanted. I also went back in and added the blossoms for a pop of color and added detail.

The birds are stamped in black and then die cut using the coordinating "Birdie" die cuts. I used a copic marker to color them. I added them to the branches using foam squares.

I used a white gel pen to add some extra white to the centers of the flowers to help make them pop. I used my color spritzer tool to add some blue ink flecks around the perimeter.

A few sparkling clear sequins finish off this cute and easy design. I hope you've enjoyed today's sneak peeks! Tomorrow will be a little change of pace,so stay tuned! Thanks for fluttering by!

2 comments:

jan metcalf said...

Your beach cards would make the perfect thank you for a summer birthday!

Susan said...

Clever to use the gatefold with this stamp! Very nice!