Sunday, August 11, 2019

Ink to Paper Countdown Day 2

Welcome to day 2 of the Ink to Paper August release countdown! If you liked yesterday's reveals, you'll like today's as well, I'm sure! First up is a fun new collection of "To Die For Sentiments"; these are called "To Die For Sentiments: Sweet Blessings. I paired the "blessings" die cut with the new "Inside Greetings: Gratitude! I really like this new series.I always like to add greetings to the inside of my cards so these are just perfect. They are also really great for the front of a card as well, like I am showing today!

Since I used the "bottom of my heart" sentiment, I thought it would be fun to incorporate the largest of the From the Heart Dies as the focal point of this design. I die cut it three times out of Scarlet Jewel cardstock and glued them together with Tombow Monomulti liquid glue. I also die cut the "blessed" word three times and glued those together in the same way. 

The stamped sentiment is added to the bottom of a 4 by 5 1/4 inch piece of Pink Peony Bitty Big pattern paper and added to a standard A2 card base. The white rectangle was created by using the Nesting Basics Rectangle dies and Nesting Basics Pierced Rectangles die. I added this to the pink panel using foam squares and then added the heart over the top. 

The leaves are from the new "Lovely Leaves" stamp set that was showcased yesterday. They are so much fun to use and I thought they would be the perfect autumnal touch to this thank you card. I used Simply Chartreuse and Scarlet Jewel ink to ink them up!

They were added to the card carefully using foam squares here and there to make sure that everything was secure. I also added a few sparkling clear sequins for some shine.

I also added one of the other sentiments from the "inside greetings: gratitude" stamp set to the inside, but forgot to take a picture! LOL! 



I'm super in love with the products being showcased on this card; a new border die called "On The Border: Fall Foliage" and a fabulous new stamp set called "Thankful Thoughts"! I love the cute font and the fact that they have coordinating die cuts! A win/win in my book!


I die cut the border twice out of Canyon Clay cardstock and glued them together for stability. I really like a nice solid piece with some dimension, so that is why I chose to double stack them. I die cut an oval from the Geometrix Oval Die collection. I layered it onto a 5 1/2 by 4 1/4 inch piece of Prairie Grass cardstock. Once that was done, I used my mini MISTI to get the placement of the "you are in my life" sentiment just right.  I was able to add the leaf portion over the top using liquid glue. 

I used the "Thankful Thoughts" stamps set and die collection to create the "thankful" sentiment. I stamped it in black and then added it above the stamped sentiment using foam squares.

I spritzed it with a light layer of Shimmer Spray for some shine! I had a lot of fun working on this card. Thanks for fluttering by!


1 comment:

JoAnn said...

Beautiful cards and great designs. I really like the first one with the pink background and big red heart.