Friday, August 30, 2019

Ink To Paper Design Team Tips

Hello and welcome to this week's Ink to Paper Design Team Tips! I always love when it's my turn for this feature because it gets me thinking in a different way and hopefully I've provided some informative tips to help you do the same! Rainbow stamping has been growing in popularity over the last few years, but lately it is hot, hot, hot! Traditional rainbows, unicorns, and hearts might not be your thing, but that doesn't mean you can't participate in one of the hottest trends in the papercrafting community! Today I'm sharing tips on how to create unconventional rainbow cards using any stamps you like!

To begin, I die cut the leaves using the Lovely Leaves die collection and then used my MISTI to stamp them using the Lovely Leaves stamp set. The first leaf is stamped in Red/Orange, the second leaf Orange/Yellow and the second leaf has shades of blue and purple. I had originally stamped a few more leaves, but in the end these are the ones that looked the best for today's design. 

You could definitely try this same technique with your favorite flowers or any solid type image to create some fun results. One of my other favorite ways to incorporate rainbows, is to use pastel colors rather than the traditional ROYGBIV! For instance, you could try Raspberry Fizz, Hibiscus Burst, Pale Peony, Orange Zest, Harvest Gold, Green Parakeet, Aqua Mist, Winter Wisteria!
Another fun way to incorporate a subtle rainbow is to do some ink blending. I took a panel of white cardstock measuring 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 inches and started blending in the same colors I used on the leaves. I started with red in the corner and worked my way around until I had all of the colors represented. This set the stage for me to add the On the Border: Fall For Foliage die over the top of the blended panel.


I die cut the "blessed" word, which is from the new To Die For Sentiments: Sweet Blessings, three times and then glued them together using Tombow Mono Multi glue. I adhered that directly to the die cut panel using more glue.

The "you are such a blessing in my life" sentiment is stamped in black onto a strip of white cardstock and adhered using foam squares. This sentiment is from the new Just Sentiments: Grateful Heart mini stamp set

I added a few dew drops here and there for some added detail and dimension.  I had so much fun putting this card together! I hope you get a chance to create an unexpected rainbow card of your own! Thanks for fluttering by!


12 comments:

Conniecrafter said...

gorgeous blending of all the colors!

jan metcalf said...

Wonderful color, the blue and purple blend might be my fave!! Even for fall!

Nicole Parmentier said...

Gorgeous card! I love the purple you added to these fall colors!!

Greta said...

Love your ideas for non-traditional rainbow cards! This is just gorgeous!

Christine said...

This is so pretty! I love the subtle rainbow much more than some of the bolder techniques. Thanks a bunch for including the specific ink shades!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you! This card was a lot of fun to make!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you! I really like how that one turned out, too!❤

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Nicole!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Greta!

Vicki Finger said...

I absolutely adore this card. Since Laurie's Fabulous Favorites this week features fall favorites, I'm going to do a version of this card for my project! Such beautiful inspiration you gave us as well.

MarySmiles ;-) said...

This cards is stunning. I really love it! The dies and shapes scream fall; but, the colors scream spring to me. You are very talented!

Unknown said...

Colors are nice but I was hoping to learn tips on blending.