Saturday, August 10, 2019

Ink to Paper Countdown Day 1

Welcome to day 1 of the Ink to Paper August release countdown! I've got A LOT to share with you today; three cards using this new Lovely Leaves stamp set and then one more project at the end of the post! We were lucky enough to get some rain while I was making these cards so it felt a little bit like fall! LOL! I guess it really will be here before we know it! 
 
Today we're also showcasing a new stamp set in the "Just Sentiments" series called "Just Sentiments: Grateful Heart as well as these beautiful leaves in the "Lovely Leaves" stamp set. The sentiments were both die cut using a new set of dies called "Diagonal Banners". I like using die cuts for my sentiments because it ensures that they have straight and have clean edges.
The "you" portion of the sentiment is die cut three times using the previously released To Die For Sentiments: Cursive For You Die and adhered together using liquid glue. I added a coating of Crystal Glaze over the top for some shine. I really like using this technique because it gives you the look of a store bought embellishment for a fraction of the cost! 

I cut a panel of Tropical Teal cardstock measuring 4 by 5 1/4 inches and adhered it to a white A2 card base using foam squares. I also die cut a frame using the Pierced Feature Frames dies which happen to be back in stock! Yay! These are such a staple in my collection! The frame is added to the panel using additional foam squares. Once that was done, I was ready to get started on the leaves.

These particular leaves are a 2 step stamp; I stamped the vein portion first in black ink and then added the color from the solid image next. I used Bright Buttercup ink first and inked the entire image. Then I added some Canyon Clay ink to the edges and used a small blender brush to tap out the harsh lines. I repeated these steps until I got the coverage I was looking for.

I used the Lovely Leaves die collection to die cut the leaves and then added them to the frame using foam squares. I did add the sentiments before I decided to add the black paint splatter, but I just used a post it note to cover them up. If I made this card again, I would add the paint splatter at this point before I added the sentiments. 
I added a few sparkling clear sequins here and there for some shine!
My second card for today uses the same "Lovely Leaves" stamp and dies but in a more traditional fall way. These leaves were die cut and stamped exactly the same as I did for my previous card, but with a variety of fall color combinations.

After I finished the leaves, I stamped the Loosely Woven background stamp in Saffron Spice ink onto a panel of Saffron Spice cardstock. I sponged the edges with the same ink to give it some additional depth. I love using background stamps that give the look of texture without the bulk.

I die cut the To die For Sentiments: Cursive Thanks die 3 times out of Scarlet Jewel cardstock and glued them together with liquid glue. It was so nice to pull out cardstock colors that haven't been used in a while! I added the "thanks" die to the panel using liquid glue.

The sentiment, which is from the new "Just Sentiments: Grateful Heart" stamp set, is stamped in black onto one of the new "Diagonal Banners" die cuts. Once that was done, I got to work arranging the leaves.

Once again, I added the paint AFTER I added the sentiments, so I did my post-it trick to protect the "thanks" and the white sentiment strip. A few sparkling rhinestones finish off this design!
My third and final card using "Lovely Leaves" is a little bit out of the ordinary as far as Autumn cards are concerned. However, every year I am in awe of the pastel colored fall leaves that I see! I always say that I am going to recreate them on a card, but this is the first time I have done it! I had so much fun deciding which color combinations to use!

I die cut and stamped all of the leaves first and then got to work on the rest of the design elements. I used the Rustic Brick background stamp in Prairie Grass ink on a panel of Prairie Grass cardstock.I sponged the edges like I did on the other card. 

I used the Framing Florals stamp set for the piece that says "hello", which is also from this set. The other sentiment is stamped onto a piece of Lilac Grace cardstock and die cut using the Diagonal Banners die collection.

I arranged the leaves here and there not taking into consideration if they were hanging off the edge since I planned on trimming them straight. I arranged them in a way that felt as though they would be floating down from a tree. I added a few sparkling rhinestones here and there. 
The last project for today uses a cute new "Tag Creations" stamp and die set. It is called "Tag Creations: Delightful Bundle! I know I will be using this a lot! Rather than put these on a card, I decided to make them as tags, like the set says! LOL! 



These tags consist of more die cutting than stamping, but the cute sentiments really finish off these tags!

These will be so cute to add to teacher gifts or fall treats! Thanks for fluttering by!
P.S. Join me again tomorrow for Day 2 of the countdown!

5 comments:

Pauline said...

Kelly, all your cards are fabulous! I really like the pastel leaf card, so different but love it. Thanks for the inspiration!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Pauline! You're so sweet!

Isabel Z said...

You are such a talented artist; I love what you created.

Jillian Norwood said...

Incredible cards my dear!!!! I love the shading on the leaves! And those adorable apple basket tags are definitely a must have for me!!! New tag sets always excite me!

Marybeth said...

All the leaves are beautiful and I so love the basket of apples!