Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Ink to Paper August Countdown Day 4

Hello and welcome to day 4 of the Ink to Paper August release countdown! I'm switching back to Autumn/Halloween for today's reveals! Today I will be sharing quite a few projects with you using the new "Caught in my Web" stamp and the new To Die For Sentiments: Halloween! 

I'm really loving the Glossy Accents on the die cut sentiments this release, if you can't tell! LOL! I die cut the "Trick or Treat" sentiment 3 times out of Black cardstock and glued them together using liquid glue. I set them aside and got to work on the rest of the card.

I stamped just a corner of the new "Caught in my Web" stamp in black onto a panel of Orange Zest cardstock. Once that was done, I added the die cut sentiment and added a nice coat of Crystal Glaze over the top. Once that was done, I was able to add it to a few panels of Bitty Big: True Black Pattern Paper

I'm obsessed with the new Lovely Leaves stamp set so I added a few of those to this design as well. I stamped the black vein portion and then used a combination of Canyon Clay ink and Harvest Gold ink to get the look I was going for.

The leaves are added using foam squares and then I cut off the edge of the leaf that is in the lower left corner. I added a few sparkling clear sequins here and there for shine.

I layered the entire piece onto a standard A2 top-folding card base. 

Next up is something a little more playful; I combined some spooky and sweet for a more lighthearted approach to what can often be a scary holiday for kids! This time I used the Caught in my Web stamp in its entirety and used the coordinating die as well.
To begin,I die cut the web, placed it back into the negative space and put it in my  MISTI to stamp the black image. I stamped it a few times to get the saturation that I wanted. I used foam squares in the middle of the web and liquid glue on the "points" to adhere it to the white panel. The white piece was dry embossed using the Woodgrain Impression Plate to give some added detail. 

I die cut the "Happy Halloween" sentiment twice and glued it together and added it to the spider web. I added some leaves as well because I just love them so much. The ghost,which is from the "Ghost and Ghoulies" set that is also being showcased today, is stamped and die cut and added to the bottom of the sentiment. 

This final design using the "Caught in my Web" set lets this ghost take center stage since he is clearly working hard to get his voice heard! LOL!

These letters were created using the same steps as I did in the first card, but I used Royal Velvet cardstock instead. I always love adding purple into my Halloween designs!

For this card, I heat embossed the web using white powder on black paper, but only used a portion in the corner for a fun detail.

The new "Ghost and Ghoulies" stamp set has two sizes of word bubbles so your ghost can speak beyond the grave!
Halloween/Fall just wouldn't be complete without good old fashioned Candy Corn! Who are my Candy Corn lovers? Haters? I sure love to decorate with it, add it to the tops of cupcakes, or cookies and of course nibble on a few!
I cut strips of paper in the three candy corn colors and added the die cut "boo!" to each of them with foam squares.

 I layered them onto a panel of Bitty Big: True Black pattern paper using foam squares at a jaunty angle. Once that was done, I added some black paint splatter for some added detail.

I couldn't resist giving these "Ghosts and Ghoulies" some googly eyes for playfulness! I hope you've enjoyed today's sneak peeks! Tomorrow will be the last countdown day and then everything will be available for purchase starting at 10 pm the 15th! Thanks for fluttering by!

No comments: