Saturday, August 24, 2019

Saturday Showcase {Thankful}

My daughter came home from school the other day and said,"Mom, the house smells like fall!". Yes, indeed, it did! I had put a Rum Raisin Cookie Scentsy cube into the warmer! As much as I am loving these last few weeks of summer, I couldn't help myself by making my house smell like fall! Maybe it's partly because I'm out of summer scents! LOL! Anyway, for this week's Ink to Paper Saturday Showcase, a few of us are creating autumn inspired projects using the new Birdie stamp set.




I was so excited to incorporate so many of my new favorites from the August release. To begin this design, I die cut the branch twice out of Stamper's Select White cardstock using the Birdie die collection. I stamped one of them using Cocoa Bean ink and then glued them together using liquid glue. I wanted a nice sturdy piece that would give the card a bit of dimension as well. 

I also stamped a few of the leaves from the Lovely Leaves stamp set. Most of the larger leaf dies in the Lovely Leaves die collection are solid, so I die cut them first and then use my MISTI to stamp them. I stamped 5 leaves, but only ended up using 4. I added the vein image to three of the leaves, and left two without. I really like the look of the two together; one with veins and one without. 

Once the leaves were done, I heat embossed the "from the bottom of my heart" sentiment, which is from the new Inside Greetings: Gratitude stamp set, in gold on a double panel of Fresh Snow Linen cardstock. I doubled it up because it is thinner than regular cardstock and I didn't want it to warp during the embossing process. 
I die cut the "Thankful" word 3 times out of Canyon Clay cardstock and glued them together with liquid glue. 

Before I attached anything to the embossed panel, I blended some Spring Rain ink around the edges using a blending brush. I also spritzed some blue ink around the edges using a Color Spritzing Tool. At this point, I was able to get started adhering the rest of the stamped pieces. I added the branch first so that I could stamp the leaves here and there. I added the "thankful" word above the embossed sentiment and then added the large leaves using foam squares. I trimmed the edges of the large leaf at the bottom and the stems at the top, but I left the one on the right as is. I layered the entire panel onto a top folding A2 Canyon Clay cardbase using foam squares. 
I had a lot of fun putting this card together! Thanks for fluttering by!

4 comments:

RuthCM said...

Kelly, your Thankful card is beautiful! I love everything about it; your choice of colors, the balance of the leaves, the layered dimension, and your sentiment selection from the Inside Greetings: Gratitude set. Your lightly blended ink edges grounds the whole design. Wouldn't a good friend or family member be so pleased to receive such a nice card? Thanks for sharing.

Cindy H. said...

Love your gorgeous card! Really speaks Fall to me :)

Conniecrafter said...

wow that is just gorgeous Beautiful leaves, love the arrangement!

Nancy said...

Another sensational card Kelly! So love popping in and seeing your creations!