Sunday, August 25, 2019

Keeping Christmas {Merry and Bright}

It's the 25th and that means it is time for this month's installment of the Keeping Christmas Blog Hop! Summer has almost slipped away which means that Christmas is definitely on its way! Once autumn arrives, the months seem festive and fun with all kinds of things to celebrate! I have a few simple projects to share with you today; just perfect for mass producing!
Before I get started sharing my projects, you'll also want to head to the other designers' blogs to see what they have created!

I recently purchased a new cable knit embossing folder and have been itching to use it. I pulled it out for today's set of 4 cards. Last month I toyed around with the idea of using this Merry and Bright die and die cut one and then set it aside. I decided to revisit the idea paired with the cable knit embossing folder. These cards were super easy to put together; I first embossed the 4 panels and layered them onto a piece of red and white striped paper from The Paper Studio that I picked up at Hobby Lobby last year. It measures 4 by 5 1/ 4 inches and the red piece is just a quarter inch smaller on each side.


I die cut the "Merry and Bright" piece out of True Black cardstock and layered it onto the card using a two way glue pen. On one of the cards I glued two die cuts together for a sturdier piece, but decided that it really didn't add too much, so I omitted that step on the other 3. 

I die cut the holly leaves and berries and glued those on with liquid glue. I also added some clear Nuvo drops to the center of each berry to give it some realistic dimension.

I spritzed the entire piece with Shimmer Spray to really make them "Merry and Bright"! LOL! I added each panel to a standard A2 Kraft cardbase.
My 2nd project is a quick pair of gift card holders using a few of my favorites! The Essentials Pillow Box die is always a quick way to make easy work of gift card holders. I love that I can store them flat until they are ready to be filled! I popped them up for photography sake, but they are now folded and tucked away ready for Christmas!

I didn't get my fill of this cute Fawn and Flora stamp set last year, so I decided to use it for these gift card holders.

I die cut the pillow boxes using some pattern paper from the Fairy Tale Christmas pattern paper collection. I love that you can buy the paper separately just in case you use up what came in the original Fairy Tale Christmas Make It Market kit

I adhered the boxes together using ScorTape and then placed the folded box in my MISTI to stamp the sentiments. Once that was done, I added the deer to the center of the box using foam squares. A few sequins finish these off! So super easy and quick, but they will look so cute under the tree! Thanks for fluttering by!



6 comments:

Nancy G said...

Your cards are so festive and fun and your deer are adorable!

Vicki Finger said...

I just love that Cable Knit Sweater embossing folder and have yet to find one in stock when I am looking. Gorgeous and Fun projects - I still need that Pillow Box die as well!

Claire Broadwater said...

Oh Kelly, I am in love with those little deer! I have to order that set! These gift boxes are amazing! Your card is very festive a and that embossing folder is perfect! Great projects for this month! XX

jan metcalf said...

Nice to see the sweet deer again Kelly!!

Kim Heggins said...

Beautiful card but your sweet deer packs are simply adorable!

wienerhoneymooners said...

This is one of the CUTEST projects I have ever seen!!! I would love to make kits of it for my PNW crafters group to make... All credit back to you of course... WOW. SO Cute!!!